• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 23-26, 2018
1 1

233 posts in this topic

36 minutes ago, mysterio said:

Monster’s Lair Comics will be bringing an original owner collection of late 10 and early 12 cent DCs to the show. Most major titles are represented, and many of the books are in the F or VF range with some better. Come see us at booth 732.

7CA9F4ED-DF28-4299-988A-660B8ACACB60.jpeg

Wait, you're attending the show? :whatthe:

On 8/16/2018 at 7:16 PM, Goon...Seriously said:

I don’t know if “cheap” & Chicago go in the same sentence. You better load up on some of that good ole’ Hawkeye Vodka and bring it with. :insane:

Vodka is packed and ready to go! :banana: I'll be at the show all evening Thursday.  If anyone else is going hit me up!  Always love meeting fellow boardies..

I was considering coming to Wizard this weekend, but now thinking I’ll pass. I’ve been to last five C2E2’s and always have a good time, but I get the vibe that Wizard is in downward spiral based on level of comic/celebrities this year.  Doesn’t seem like it’s worth the Sunday admission price to dig thru some dollar boxes and not see one panel that I’m interested in.  To those who have gone to Wizard before, how do you think this year is shaping up and how do you rate it vs C2E2?  Hope it’s works out for everyone, just doesn’t seem like a good year to check it out for the first time.

3 hours ago, westerberg14 said:

I was considering coming to Wizard this weekend, but now thinking I’ll pass. I’ve been to last five C2E2’s and always have a good time, but I get the vibe that Wizard is in downward spiral based on level of comic/celebrities this year.  Doesn’t seem like it’s worth the Sunday admission price to dig thru some dollar boxes and not see one panel that I’m interested in.  To those who have gone to Wizard before, how do you think this year is shaping up and how do you rate it vs C2E2?  Hope it’s works out for everyone, just doesn’t seem like a good year to check it out for the first time.

I go to buy books. It’s always a great show for that. 

28 minutes ago, TheWatcher said:

This, but I would add that the con has a special place in my heart because I get to see many old friends again

Agreed, and for this Chicagoan it’s a chance to come visit and eat the food of my people. 

So sad to miss this year.