• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 23-26, 2018
1 1

233 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, 1Cool said:

I could have gone over this weekend but decided all the low hanging fruit would have been picked by Saturday morning.  If guys like Greggy and Hector are buying all day Wednesday and Thursday it will be slim pickings by even Friday.  Happy hunting!

I saw Greggy, but I never saw Hector...I didn't even know he was at the show (shrug)

3 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I saw Greggy, but I never saw Hector...I didn't even know he was at the show (shrug)

He is pretty short - did you look down at all?

11 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

This. Not sure what you collect, but there's a lot of quality GA books at the show. Prices tend to match the quality of the material, especially the high end stuff, but there's plenty of other books that aren't early Actions or Schomburg Timelys. That been said, I know someone that was looking for a GSX 1 and couldn't find a dealer with a copy at the show hm

Dave Kapelka has a nice 9.0 in his case. 

12 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

Show is surprisingly empty.  Weak slate of celebrities probably hurt attendance.  Still Saturday and Sunday tickets available.  Aisles were wide and empty Thursday and Friday.  

My big purchase from Terry’s Comics.  First Bugs Bunny.

DAB24C14-1268-4546-BBA6-961445030774.jpeg

Great pickup!  Last year the first two days were super slow but it picked up Saturday and Sunday.  Hopefully we get some more reports about today.  Definitely don’t want to make the drive if dealers pack up early.