• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Chicago -- August 23-26, 2018
1 1

233 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Iceman399 said:

:sorry: 

That old fart stopped me from entering just to eat at the restaurant so I had to go to Outback. 

6 minutes ago, greggy said:

That old fart stopped me from entering just to eat at the restaurant so I had to go to Outback. 

You're getting the porterhouse or the steak and lobster :sumo:

4 hours ago, TheWatcher said:

Sucks that you may not be able to spend the entire week in Chicago, but glad you'll be at the con (thumbsu

Me too. I’ll have to see about Gibson’s, :wishluck: I can be there. 

49 minutes ago, joeypost said:

Sushi Night...check

Yeah, about that. Wizard has decided to end Preview Night at 9 PM. By the time attendees and dealers made their way to Blu Fish, it would be around 9:30-10. Their kitchen closes at 9:30. I could ask if they'll keep staff later, but there's no guarantee they'll do it. I'm trying to figure out a way around this, but not sure there is one :sorry:

I’m quite skeptical that I’m making the trip up this year. We’re in the midst of a (very welcome) move back to Texas, and I just don’t think I can be out of town that week. May be 2019 for me... :cry: 

Yeah, about that. Wizard has decided to end Preview Night at 9 PM. By the time attendees and dealers made their way to Blu Fish, it would be around 9:30-10. Their kitchen closes at 9:30. I could ask if they'll keep staff later, but there's no guarantee they'll do it. I'm trying to figure out a way around this, but not sure there is one :sorry:

Didn’t you have this same problem last year? What’d you do, change the day?

Edited by thirdgreenham

18 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Didn’t you have this same problem last year? What’d you do, change the day?

It was still Thursday. Those of us manning tables just weren’t able to attend.