• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

2017 Green Eggs Grading Contest Final Round 10
3 3

198 posts in this topic

Just now, John R said:

I ended the contest with 2 bullseyes - maybe i won't be dead last after all :whee:

There goes your sweet boobie prize then

Remember folks, the selecting of prizes starts tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM EDT.  The Prize Thread is in Comics General.  The top winners could pick tonight, if they wanted to, after the final standings are released.

There will be a certain time limit for picking your prize, once your turn comes up, so please consider getting me a list of prize numbers (in order of your preference) beforehand.  

If you don't do this, and you're not there to pick a prize, your turn will be skipped over until you show up to choose a prize.

Please create a new PM with me, if you're going to send me your list of prize picks.

Thanks! 

3 minutes ago, thirdgreenham said:

Remember folks, the selecting of prizes starts tomorrow morning at 10:00 AM EDT.  The Prize Thread is in Comics General.  The top winners could pick tonight, if they wanted to, after the final standings are released.

There will be a certain time limit for picking your prize, once your turn comes up, so please consider getting me a list of prize numbers (in order of your preference) beforehand.  

If you don't do this, and you're not there to pick a prize, your turn will be skipped over until you show up to choose a prize.

Please create a new PM with me, if you're going to send me your list of prize picks.

Thanks! 

Did you ever finalize how many prizes there ended up being, or what place is the cut off for a prize? I should be by the boards tomorrow anyway to see what everyone picks up....

or do we have to wait for the results to determine any of the above....?

Just now, LordRahl said:

Wow they hammered that B&B hard. That's an 8.0/8.5 book without the stain... all the way down to a 3.5 :facepalm:

But it looked like the staining went right through all the pages, right? And not discreetly. That's a big problem no matter how nice the book is otherwise.

My first thought was 2.5/3.0 range, as that's what I would feel comfortable grading it... but it looked so nice and bright that I swung for the fences and guessed CGC said 4.0.

Just now, Point Five said:

But it looked like the staining went right through all the pages, right? And not discreetly. That's a big problem no matter how nice the book is otherwise.

My first thought was 2.5/3.0 range, as that's what I would feel comfortable grading it... but it looked so nice and bright that I swung for the fences and guessed CGC said 4.0.

Same for me went 4.0

Round 10 Results are up! Congrats to everyone who finished the journey! :applause:

FINAL RANKINGS will be up later tonight! :acclaim:
(This is how the PRIZE PICKING ORDER is determined.)

15 minutes ago, sckao said:

So this is what will happen... We will have the Regular Round 10 Results.

Then we will have FINAL RANKING thread.

There are NO TIES in the Final Ranking. Ties are broken by the NUMBER OF BULLSEYES, THEN NUMBER of 3 POINT ROUNDS, THEN NUMBER OF 1 POINT ROUNDS. IF there is still a tie, then the ROUND of the FIRST BULLSEYE is the Tiebreaker and so on...

Good luck everyone. :wishluck:

and what will you do about oakman and kav?  aha! they did it simply to make you have to create a new rule!

2 minutes ago, kav said:

13 minutes ago, 01TheDude said:

and what will you do about oakman and kav?  aha! they did it simply to make you have to create a new rule!

(tsk)

I would like to say that going forward, we shouldn't have any consultation with other boardies, before you submit your grades.  In PM, after you give your grades, sure you can shoot the siht, but beforehand should be considered a no no. :foryou: 

1 minute ago, thirdgreenham said:

I would like to say that going forward, we shouldn't have any consultation with other boardies, before you submit your grades.  In PM, after you give your grades, sure you can shoot the siht, but beforehand should be considered a no no. :foryou: 

we'll be good

Just now, thirdgreenham said:

I am not accusing them of doing this though oak might have spilled the beans earlier in the 10 thread.

I am merely pointing out that the tie breaker rules as they stand are insufficient to determine who finishes ahead of the other.