• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FF-1 or JIM-83 or ASM-1
1 1

FF-1 or JIM-83 or ASM1 which won has more value ?  

81 members have voted

1. 1. FF-1 or JIM-83 or ASM-1 which one has more value ?

• FF-1
    • JIM-83
    • ASM-1

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 09/22/2017 at 07:00 AM

48 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, woowoo said:

:whatthe: I was ahead till you voted

Hahahaha let it ride and see but FF1 is the more expensive book and as far as Marvel goes in the SA age it is the 3rd most most valuable behind AF15 and Hulk 1 then comes JIM83 at number 4.

Just now, SC22 said:

Hahahaha let it ride and see but FF1 is the more expensive book and as far as Marvel goes in the SA age it is the 3rd most most valuable behind AF15 and Hulk 1 then comes JIM83 at number 4.

You think I should add ASM1 on the poll.

2 minutes ago, woowoo said:

You think I should add ASM1 on the poll.

Sure why not. That would make it more interesting. I am not even sure where it truly stands in the top 5 SA Marvel books if it at all. I would start another topic ASM1 versus JIM83 because FF1 is in my opinion(I could be wrong but I am pretty sure this is accurate) for sure the more valuable book of the 3 in all grades.

Edited by SC22

5 minutes ago, SC22 said:

Sure why not. That would make it more interesting. I am not even sure where it truly stands in the top 5 SA Marvel books if it at all. I would start another topic ASM1 versus JIM83 because FF1 is in my opinion for sure the more valuable book of the 3 in all grades.

Done. Lets see what the boards say.

Edited by woowoo

Fantastic Four #1 is, to me, the most important Silver Age comic of all, ushering in as it did the Marvel age of comics and beginning the Marvel Universe.  So the book has more historical value than the other two.  Since starting collecting comics in 1972 I wanted to own it more than any other Silver Age comic.

Edited by namisgr

38 minutes ago, www.alexgross.com said:

perhaps defining what is meant by "value" would be useful. otherwise we can just look at GPA and some other recent sales to come up with a factual answer. do you mean value potential going forward?

Hard to tell what's going forward in value (shrug) I want to know what book the boards hold as more value to own today.

Edited by woowoo

I'm always astounded to see ASM 1 in the same company as those other books.  No one builds runs anymore, it has the most hideous cover of the silver age, and it's a very minor key, so there's no reason to be paying what it costs, let alone expect prices to go up.

Edited by FineCollector

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

I'm always astounded to see ASM 1 in the same company as those other books.  No one builds runs anymore, it has the most hideous cover of the silver age, and it's a very minor key, so there's no reason to be paying what it costs, let alone expect prices to go up.

I doubt that no one builds ASM runs....it is probably the most popular run to build in the entire SA.

1 hour ago, FineCollector said:

Even if I believed that no one builds a run of ASM anymore (I don't believe that), in the current environment, people still build key collections.

BTW, calling ASM 1 a "very minor" key is inflammatory.