• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CLOSED

18 posts in this topic

The 1st take it takes it

Payment by check or MO only, within one week, and must clear prior to shipping

Shipment to CONUS only, free of charge

No returns

No probies of HOS

Time payments accepted - 20% nonrefundable down, balance due within 3 months, painting held until payment complete

Edited by Dr. Love

EGYPTIAN QUEEN  $4250  $4000

tribute painting to the Master on his best loved work by his nephew and renowned pupil, Ken Kelly

EgyptianQueen_zpswwkwxcn2.jpg

Ken Kelly Frazetta's Egyptian Queen Tribute Painting Original Art (2012). Frank Frazetta's painting "Egyptian Queen" is a huge favorite with both fans and other artists. It is likely the Frazetta work that is most often reproduced by other artists in homage to the grandmaster. Ken Kelly, no slouch himself with a paintbrush, produces a fantastic turn on this beloved piece. Produced in oil (this is not a print, or a touched up giclee, it is a real deal OIL) on 18" x 24" stretched canvas. Signed and dated in the image area. In Excellent condition.

This piece has been beautifully framed.  It will be shipped in the most protective way possible.

Edited by Dr. Love

Thanks guys.  It is beautiful.  This is the one distinct image that hooked me into Frazetta when I was a kid.  No other Conan action shot came close.  When it showed up last year on HA, I had to have it, although I really couldn't afford it.  Kelly's history with the Frazettas, as well as his own marvelous work in scifi/fantasy, clinched the deal for me.

I'll try and unpack the painting and get some shots on the wall.  My framer did an unbelievable job, choosing a burled wood that works off the marbled column in the piece very nicely.

On 8/20/2017 at 2:59 PM, Senormac said:

Wow !!  Wonder where Frazettas original is ?  Probably in the Frazetta museum in Penn. eh ?

The original is one of the ones that went to Holly so is not at the museum.  I have always heard that this painting was based on Ellie when she was pregnant with Holly.  I saw the original Frazetta Eqyptian Queen in Austin Texas a couple of years ago when Holly put some of hers on display with Robert Rodriquez.  She also has Dark Kingdom which is amazing in person.  It is really too bad so many are being sold off.  It would be nice if they were still all together at the Museum.  I really regret not getting there while Frank and Ellie were still alive.  I did go a few years ago.  Frank Jr has Cat Girl, Silver Warrior, and some other greats.  Heidi actually has a lot of my favorites but never shows them as far as I know.  She has Nightwinds, Snow Giants, 7 Romans, Swamp Demon, DD on a Horse and some others.  Billy has Barbarian I know but not sure what else. 

Edited by Teddy Novak