• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Anyone know what these are?

8 posts in this topic

https://mcmanusauctions.hibid.com/lot/34036241/3-pc---spiderman-movie-advertisment/?q=Spiderman+&cat=0&ref=lot-list

Won them in an auction. There are three of them, but an internet search didn't turn up much. They are about 18 inches high and maybe four feet long, plastic or maybe vinyl.

I assume they are from the first movie, but not sure.

Curious as to their value, as well as their origin. Thanks.

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

I think that's a pretty good guess, but can't find any online. you'd think some would survive and be for sale. Thanks.

I would have to read the small writing on the bottom to give you a better guess, but could be part of an advertisement exclusive to one theater chain or part of a store display. It's just too hard to tell your in answer is on the small writing on the bottom

I will pick them up tomorrow. They were sort of tucked away in an inaccessible part of the auction house. I was afraid if I asked to see them, other might get interested.

If there is any printing, I'll post it.

Okay, they aren't what I thought they were. They are not bus ads, but are the top of a pretty rare Spider-Man Slot bank, as seen in the video. 

Still no idea what they are worth, but I imagine the distribution is pretty limited.

Edited by shadroch

1 hour ago, shadroch said:

Okay, they aren't what I thought they were. They are not bus ads, but are the top of a pretty rare Spider-Man Slot bank, as seen in the video. 

Still no idea what they are worth, but I imagine the distribution is pretty limited.

Essentially worth most to a guy who needs to buy that part to his machine to complete it

I recently sold similar parts of the Bat Man slot for $200.

These are a softer plastic as they roll up, the Bat Man and Robin pieces were more plexiglass- glassy. Those were on each machine, these are one or two a bank.

I don't even remember the Spider-Man slots