• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Green Label (missing ad pages--Incomplete)

5 posts in this topic

Hello all, is there any consensus or average on how value is affected by a Qualified / green label?  For example, if you have a major silver age key issue graded 4.0 Green Label (missing 2 ad pages - Incomplete, does not affect story), how much less would it be worth than Blue label? 

In a broader sense, the answer to your question is No. It depends on the flaw . Some may have a Rule of Thumb for pricing certain flaws but you would have to put the book in auction to really find out. I'm sorry to say this specific flaw would probably be frowned upon by the marketplace. I would not buy a book with this flaw. 

Thanks for the  input.  I guess i'm less critical than most collectors, and if I can get the same book with a missing ad page at a significant discount then I'll take it.  I could really care less about a missing ad page esp. in a slabbed book (i.e. an ad page that would never be seen anyway).  If the appearance of the book or the story is affected, or or if it's a Marvel Value Stamp missing (something that is specifically sought after), then of course that's important.  

Edited by nrad1968

Like Bob said, there's no hard & fast rule - depends on the book, depends on the grade and depends on the severity of the flaw causing the book to end up in a qualified label slab.

I've noticed that for low grade books the "green label stigma" seems far less pronounced than it is for mid & high grade books - for a mid/high grade book, most people stay well clear of books with missing pages, married pages, missing MV stamps, etc.