• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Dragon Con???

5 posts in this topic

Hey folks, are any of you coming to Dragon Con? Atlanta area collectors will, as usual be setting up an original art show. This year in celebration of the centennial of the birth of Jack Kirby and Will Eisner we will be showing off  originals by both of these comic masters. We will be set up in Artists Alley -apparently near Stan Lee!  If anyone is coming down (or up) for the show and has art by Kirby-or especially by Eisner-that they would be willing to display for Friday and Saturday please let me know. The art can be framed or not, you just have to let me know in advance. The art will be up on the wall, not in a folio on a table and we always have two people watching it and we have never had a problem in 12 years of doing this. Please know that we take the obligation to watch things like a hawk very seriously (plus everything is either attached to the wall of our display or hung behind a table with a person sitting there) We would love for you to participate if you have any cool art for this amazing show and tell. If not, come by and say hello. We will have Kirby originals from every era of his work-from the 40's to the 80's and Eisner material from his work on the Spirit to his ground breaking graphic novels and several points between! Please contact me at benno119@gmail.com if you can help us with a cool loan of art or if you are just planning to attend. I hope to see some of you there. Benno Rothschild

I don't have any Kirby or Eisner art, but I'll definitely stop by and check it out.  There's always some amazing pieces up for display.  

On a related note, will there be another Original Art panel at Dragoncon this year?  I think last year's may have been the first time they had one and I enjoyed the discussion.  

For some reason the comic track at Dragon Con got less space for panels than in years past so unfortunately the original art panel fell victim. I will be doing a panel with Tom Heintjes about Kirby and Eisner on Saturday night at 7 before all the nighttime craziness at Dragon Con starts so I hope you can attend. I know there will be at least a couple of comic artists on the panel as well, though I am not sure who right now.