• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just got the new issue of Mr. A. (Ditko) from Robin Snyder

19 posts in this topic

15 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Looks like I'm about to be, um, lectured to. :banana:

It's interesting work from him.

It does have a very detached, sanctimonious feel to it as you get bludgeoned into submission with non-stop Objectivism.

Sometimes when I walk around the city and someone on the street asks me for spare change and I see they've been writing or drawing in a notebook, I say, "I'll give you some change for a piece of art you're writing or drawing."

The Ditko stuff in Mr. A #24 looks like some of the stuff I've gotten. 

Edited by NoMan

2 minutes ago, NoMan said:

Sometimes when I walk around the city and someone on the street asks me for spare change and I see they've been writing or drawing in a notebook, I say, "I'll give you some change for a piece of art your writing or drawing."

The Ditko stuff in Mr. A #24 looks like some of the stuff I've gotten. 

That was probably Ditko.

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

It's interesting work from him.

It does have a very detached, sanctimonious feel to it as you get bludgeoned into submission with non-stop Objectivism.

Bludgeoned is a good word. It's kinda a chore to read the stuff. I will say the art is pretty good in his 2017 Mr. A. story "Mr. A. and the Knifer." I mean the guy is 89.

6 hours ago, kav said:

Does Mr A talk the villains to death or something?

1 hour ago, John R said:

Any pics?

steve-ditko-comic-crusader-130001.jpg?w=

ditko_3-2.gif?w=500&h=763&zoom=2

Edited by Ken Aldred

Maybe the judge figgered, "If I convict this guy, I'll have to do that for everyone"....

17 hours ago, kav said:

Does Mr A talk the villains to death or something?

I suspect so.

He does go on a bit with the one-note philosophy.

I suspect that some of the villains would find it less traumatising to let go of a flagpole or jump 50 stories off a building and let gravity do its worst, rather than continue suffering from the excruciatingly painful headache caused by one of his endless monologues.  

2 hours ago, NoMan said:

I'm giving up a newer Ditko work. (Post 1975) I'm officially throwing in the towel. I've tried. 

The Stalker, inked by Wally Wood, was quite nice.

Just about at your end point.

Reading Ditko or Kirby solo stuff puts the nail in the coffin of the theory that they were actually the ones writing the Marvel books in the silver age.

Ditko definitely doesn't abuse his emotions.  If he abused them for one person he'd have to do that for everyone.

I have to disagree with the comments here. The work that Steve and Robin are putting out is interesting and engaging, otherwise I wouldn't buy it.  I enjoy the stories, and will continue to support.