• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Fandemic Tour (Houston, TX) Sept 15-17, 2017

26 posts in this topic

I haven't heard any news about this so here is the link

https://www.fandemictour.com/

I saw some flyers and what not at my LCS (Bedrock City :D) in Houston. 

I'm guessing its an upstart Con? I for one am all for bringing more cons to my town!

Any one know anything else about this?

They seem to have quite a few Walking Dead cast coming for those interested in that. Oh, and all you people buying those Greg Horn Harley covers, he will be there also!

It is the first show in a new tour, put together by a former Wizard executive. It will be interesting to see how they do, and how they do things differently than Wizard. One would assume that this guy started these shows because he learned a thing or two about what to do and what not to do while at Wizard.

Nice incomplete nonfunctional website for an event that's only a month away. If you actually want to buy old comics and the like, and don't care about burdening your eventual progeny with the decision of whether or not to throw away this old-timey photo of grandpa with this guy who was on something they used to call a "program" on something they used to call "tv," Come to Son of HoustonCon the weekend before this show at the Four Points Sheraton on SW Freeway. Real collectible comics, sold by real collectors -- like comic shows used to be before they became this Golem they are now.

Edited by Weird Paper

22 hours ago, Auroch said:

Will CGC be represented at Fandemic tour in Houston Texas this upcoming weekend September 14th - 16th 2018 at the NRG Center?

Will you have a booth for dropping off submissions?

I noticed there are no forms for it so I'm guessing you aren't. Any particular reason why not?

CGC's events page does not list Fandemic Houston as a show they are setting up for.

3 hours ago, Auroch said:

Hence my confusion. Do CGC reps or officials ever reply on these forms?

Sometimes, but it isn't necessarily common. Maybe if they were tagged, like @Gemma or @plitch, maybe we would get some response. They should at least be aware that Fandemic is advertising them as appearing.

15 hours ago, Auroch said:

Well I will be there tomorrow and will report back here what I find. Just going to bring my stack of books I want graded and hope for the best.

You going to be there Mysterio?

Yes, at the Monster’s Lair Comics booth along the 500 aisle. 

9AC3FCD0-57AE-4C47-812A-5FF909004996.jpeg