• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Lies.

Worlds of DC screwed up Suicide Squad, but the onus is on Warner Bros for limiting Justice League's (and Dawn of Justice's) success.

What led to the lack of success  of DOJ was a bad story & a lack of understanding & appreciation for the characters 

That's the big difference between the MCU & DCU

This looks ok. Not stoked yet. I usually have high expectations and wait for reviews (audience weighs more to me than critics). If the Heath Ledger Joker didn't exist this might make me more excited. But, Ill be judging all Joker roles by that until there is a better one.

I wish we could go to comic book movies being comic book movies and not superheroes/villains in the real world. For example, I would love to see a Golden Age version of Superman and Batman movies. Then, combine them for a Justice League movie. 

Superman, 1930's/1940's, origin story Kapra-esque for his origin story then a Max Fleischer style live action for after he becomes Superman, goes to the Metropolis/Daily Planet.

Batman, 1930's/1940's film noir, Detective/Maltese Falcon type movie. More detective work with cool realistic gadgets. 

Maybe Batman investigates an American Nazi group smuggling Kryptonite to Germany for WW2. Then, Justice League or a Batman/Superman movie about WW2.

I don't know. I think comic book movies need a jolt. I know this would probably only appeal to comic book nerds though, but who knows.

Edited by kevhtx

1 minute ago, comics4all said:

What led to the lack of success  of DOJ was a bad story & a lack of understanding & appreciation for the characters 

That's the big difference between the MCU & DCU

If you didn't see the Ultimate Edition, then you're not judging the correct movie.

Snyder's cut of the film is great.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

If you didn't see the Ultimate Edition, then you're not judging the correct movie.

Snyder's cut of the film is great.

I never saw the UE, I will check it out. I do believe studios can muck up some movies by cutting things up so it's more palatable to the masses. They should trust the director they hired!

Did they remove Doomsday looking like a Ninja Turtle & Batman killing people without remorse? lol

I never saw the UE, I will check it out. I do believe studios can muck up some movies by cutting things up so it's more palatable to the masses. They should trust the director they hired!

Did they remove Doomsday looking like a Ninja Turtle & Batman killing people without remorse? lol

WB wanted a 2.5 hour run-time so that they could have more showings. Problem is: People would've spread the good word, and saw it more than once, if it was good. That = more money. Since the word of mouth was "meh", or "bad", less people were interested. They cut 25+ minutes of pure storytelling. A few action clips that IMO made the action scenes more coherent.

The movie is about a realistic mid-trilogy Superman and a realistic coming out of retirement Batman. If you're set in stone on how you wanna view these characters, then you may not even enjoy the UE. It's a great movie, though.

6 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

WB wanted a 2.5 hour run-time so that they could have more showings. Problem is: People would've spread the good word, and saw it more than once, if it was good. That = more money. Since the word of mouth was "meh", or "bad", less people were interested. They cut 25+ minutes of pure storytelling. A few action clips that IMO made the action scenes more coherent.

The movie is about a realistic mid-trilogy Superman and a realistic coming out of retirement Batman. If you're set in stone on how you wanna view these characters, then you may not even enjoy the UE. It's a great movie, though.

Thanks for letting me know about it, I will check it out when I can & let you know

I'm up for alternative takes like Kingdom Come or DKR as long as they are done well.

Even the Adam West Batman I have a love/hate relationship because they were fun & campy but also make the masses think comic books & batman were kind of a joke

Thanks for letting me know about it, I will check it out when I can & let you know

I'm up for alternative takes like Kingdom Come or DKR as long as they are done well.

Even the Adam West Batman I have a love/hate relationship because they were fun & campy but also make the masses think comic books & batman were kind of a joke

I'd be interested in what you think.

If you have a good memory of the theatrical cut, you should easily notice how coherent the story is in comparison. There's also a good 3-part yet lengthy series on YouTube called, "Why You're Wrong About Batman v Superman", that highlights some of the required thinking points to truly love the movie. It's not a brainless piece of entertainment like GotG Vol 2.

It's not flawless, but I do love Snyder's Cut. Which is why I swoon at the idea of a Justice League Snyder Cut.

1 minute ago, TwoPiece said:

If you have a good memory of the theatrical cut, you should easily notice how coherent the story is in comparison. There's also a good 3-part yet lengthy series on YouTube called, "Why You're Wrong About Batman v Superman", that highlights some of the required thinking points to truly love the movie. It's not a brainless piece of entertainment like GotG Vol 2.

It's not flawless, but I do love Snyder's Cut. Which is why I swoon at the idea of a Justice League Snyder Cut.

I will let you know

7 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I thought that GotG Vol 2. was all about a brain?

Image result for gotg 2 brain image

41 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

This looks ok. Not stoked yet. I usually have high expectations and wait for reviews (audience weighs more to me than critics). If the Heath Ledger Joker didn't exist this might make me more excited. But, Ill be judging all Joker roles by that until there is a better one.

I wish we could go to comic book movies being comic book movies and not superheroes/villains in the real world. For example, I would love to see a Golden Age version of Superman and Batman movies. Then, combine them for a Justice League movie. 

Superman, 1930's/1940's, origin story Kapra-esque for his origin story then a Max Fleischer style live action for after he becomes Superman, goes to the Metropolis/Daily Planet.

Batman, 1930's/1940's film noir, Detective/Maltese Falcon type movie. More detective work with cool realistic gadgets. 

Maybe Batman investigates an American Nazi group smuggling Kryptonite to Germany for WW2. Then, Justice League or a Batman/Superman movie about WW2.

I don't know. I think comic book movies need a jolt. I know this would probably only appeal to comic book nerds though, but who knows.

It never hurts to have a 'wait-and-see' approach to many of these movies. But I do like it when they attempt to make them more relateable to real-life events and experiences where possible.

Time will tell if this is a hit, a miss or something in the middle.

4 minutes ago, kevhtx said:

I thought he already won for that Johnny Cash movie? Cant remember.

He was nominated but didn't win.  Reese Witherspoon won best actress though.

4 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

He was nominated but didn't win.  Reese Witherspoon won best actress though.

Ah, got it. I couldn't remember. I knew somebody won for that.

Didn't really feel like the Joker. I've always thought the Joker was funny at times. Even when tragic. This Joker not so much. Felt like I've seen this movie a million times before. But I'll watch it. 

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I'm intrigued.

Phoenix’s Joker could possibly give Ledger`s Joker a run for his money? I never thought I would be saying that.

I really liked the trailer. Wasn't expecting it to be this good. It now went from a 6 to now a 10 on my meter for must see movies.