• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

14 hours ago, Bird said:

I don’t have much interest in seeing the joker as a sympathetic characterWhich is where they seem to be going with this origin story I think he works best as a crazy psycho pathic character not as someone you feel sympathy for or understand 

100% agree.

Hopefully they stay true to the iconic villainy of the character and don't go the anti-hero route. I'll be pissed if they do the latter.

11 hours ago, kevhtx said:

Geez, why are not all opinions accepted here. If people have to put up with the "He is gonna win an Oscar and its the greatest Joker ever." based on the trailer, then people also need to accept that some people aren't into it without getting their panties in a wad.

The trailer was mediocre to some of us. I have no problems with people liking it and wanting to see it, I am just waiting for more on it and probably reviews. It very well could turn out to be a great movie. The jury is still out.

I do agree that trying to make him a sympathetic character is a bit of a stretch. The Dark Knight, he was not. He was like he is supposed to be from the comics. A bad- villain.

I kinda like the trailer. I can understand why some wouldn't. It's not great enough to any degree that I would understand anyone "loving" it.

There's something to be said about the "sympathy" of the character, though:

"All it takes is one bad day."

One bad day won't twist most people into the (mostly) psychopath that The Joker is, but it's not like he was just born The Joker. They are drawing inspiration from The Killing Joke.

25 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I kinda like the trailer. I can understand why some wouldn't. It's not great enough to any degree that I would understand anyone "loving" it.

There's something to be said about the "sympathy" of the character, though:

"All it takes is one bad day."

One bad day won't twist most people into the (mostly) psychopath that The Joker is, but it's not like he was just born The Joker. They are drawing inspiration from The Killing Joke.

It definitely is the 'One bad day' influence leading to the mental transition into The Joker being presented here.

I have a feeling his little trip to Arkham Hospital where he says 'What' to Brian Tyree Henry (the black orderly) is going to be something happened to his mother. And with that Thomas Wayne speech from Brett Cullen, it only makes him feel as more an outsider tipping him further over the edge to rally against society.

1 minute ago, Bosco685 said:

I have a feeling his little trip to Arkham Hospital where he says 'What' to Brian Tyree Henry (the black orderly) is going to be something happened to his mother. And with that Thomas Wayne speech from Brett Cullen, it only makes him feel as more an outsider tipping him further over the edge to rally against society.

The ol' Gotham Penguin villain-mother relationship is in full swing...

The trailer does look pretty good. It'd definitely be nice to see this as one man's transition into madness due to life collapsing upon him and pushing him to a crazier side. Though I wouldn't even consider this a DC movie upon viewing it, though. More like a separate entity upon itself.

Some bloggers gained access to the Joker -script (a version of it) and have started to post the details online before the movie even comes out.

People are furious that such details are now floating around out there, for whatever reason.

On 5/16/2019 at 12:14 PM, Bosco685 said:

Some bloggers gained access to the Joker --script (a version of it) and have started to post the details online before the movie even comes out.

People are furious that such details are now floating around out there, for whatever reason.

That's terrible.

So where is it? :popcorn:

On 4/12/2019 at 1:23 PM, Skylath said:

Though I wouldn't even consider this a DC movie upon viewing it, though. More like a separate entity upon itself.

I consider it a DC flick as much as Nolan’s Dark Knight trilogy. This Joker would have been right at home with Bale. I wish DC would get back on this path of real Gotham crime stories minus flying capes.

20 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Super Duper Pooper Scooper Spoiler Alert:

Hide contents

Allegedly, The Joker is going to be the son of Thomas Wayne.

Not sure how I will feel about this...

:whatthe:

No way. So then some of those scenes are...

Spoiler

Joker visiting 'dad' and happening across Bruce Wayne? If it is that backstory, I wonder if then he is jealous of the new son as the abandoned son?