• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

Just now, Turtle said:

They kept the tradition alive and spoiled Terminator: Genisys via the trailer too.

(I didn't watch the video, so maybe that was on the list(shrug)). 

Ah, yes. You're correct.

I remember watching the 1st trailer and thinking, "welp, there's the movie, no need to see it now..."

7 minutes ago, Turtle said:

They kept the tradition alive and spoiled Terminator: Genisys via the trailer too.

(I didn't watch the video, so maybe that was on the list(shrug)). 

5 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

Ah, yes. You're correct.

I remember watching the 1st trailer and thinking, "welp, there's the movie, no need to see it now..."

Yup. Like no lessons learned were ever realized from previous trailers.

4 hours ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Agreed.

I might see Once Upon a Time in Hollywood soon. That is a must see.

(thumbsu

Indeed. Just saw it yesterday and it was a rather pleasant Tarantino flick that ticked along steadily.

As for calling this Joaquin's "career best", you have my attention, lol. I personally thought it couldn't get better than his work in "Her" from 2013 but in these cases I love to be proven wrong.

Joker Producer: It’s “Unlike Any Comic Book Movie You’ve Ever Seen”

Executive producer Michael E. Uslan teases the Joaquin Phoenix-led Joker is “different and unique” and “unlike any comic book movie you’ve ever seen.”

“Todd Phillips is the filmmaker there, and Todd had an incredible vision for this. All I can tell you is, in my humble opinion, the world is getting a little oversaturated with comic book movies and TV everywhere we turn,” the longtime Batman franchise producer said at Germany’s CCXP Cologne convention.

Uslan, who at CCXP also defended the casting of Robert Pattinson in The Batman and advised detractors to trust in the vision of writer-director Matt Reeves, placed similar trust in Phillips’ vision for his R-rated Batman-less spinoff.

“I thought Guardians of the Galaxy was different and unique when it came out. I thought Deadpool was different and unique when it came out. This Joker movie is different and unique and it’s unlike any comic book movie you’ve ever seen,” Uslan said.

“It’s maybe more like a Martin Scorsese, low-budget film noir crime drama, but I have all the faith in the world in Todd, the brilliantly talented Joaquin Phoenix, Robert De Niro. It’s an incredible, incredible group of people that’s brought this to life.”

Interesting quote. I don't think Uslan has a habit of talking up a film that he knows is going to be okay to weak.

16 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

Joker Producer: It’s “Unlike Any Comic Book Movie You’ve Ever Seen”

Interesting quote. I don't think Uslan has a habit of talking up a film that he knows is going to be okay to weak.

My hype is middling on this one. As I mentioned before, if another more-dramatic trailer releases and look good, then my hype will start ramping up. I'm still looking forward to seeing this, though.

It'd be awesome, after the disappointment of Phase 4 announcements, if The Joker hits a home run.

6 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

My hype is middling on this one. As I mentioned before, if another more-dramatic trailer releases and look good, then my hype will start ramping up. I'm still looking forward to seeing this, though.

It'd be awesome, after the disappointment of Phase 4 announcements, if The Joker hits a home run.

Admittingly I'm not the biggest DC fan but I hope this movie just plows through everything.  I feel this is a fantastic take on the character but the "unlike any comic book movie you've ever seen" type stuff is a tad over-blown.  My knee-jerk reaction is that while it'll be a different "type" of comic-book movie, it's still a comic-book movie in the end.  That said, I think it will completely live up to the Oscar hype and/or it will fail miserably; unfortunately I don't see an inbetween.

42 minutes ago, sagekilz said:

Admittingly I'm not the biggest DC fan but I hope this movie just plows through everything.  I feel this is a fantastic take on the character but the "unlike any comic book movie you've ever seen" type stuff is a tad over-blown.  My knee-jerk reaction is that while it'll be a different "type" of comic-book movie, it's still a comic-book movie in the end.  That said, I think it will completely live up to the Oscar hype and/or it will fail miserably; unfortunately I don't see an inbetween.

39 minutes ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

I think you're right.

'Your opinion is my opinion. So you must be right!'

:baiting: