• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

I didn't say there wasn't anyone who liked the movie.  

But many of those VIFF people, especially the smaller critics, wrote reviews that looked more like propaganda, than the review of a real movie.  

I also noticed that most of the large critics from there were the ones who gave the film its early bad reviews.  hm

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules
Fixed double negative

11 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

I didn't say there wasn't anyone who liked the movie.  

-J.

You must be right. Only the negative reviews nailed it. :insane:

IndieWire.JPG.5bb503191e5f840b016feff479b12de8.JPG

“Joker” is the human-sized and adult-oriented comic book movie that Marvel critics have been clamoring for — there’s no action, no spandex, no obvious visual effects, and the whole thing is so gritty and serious that DCEU fanboys will feel as if they’ve died and seen the Snyder Cut — but it’s also the worst-case scenario for the rest of the film world, as it points towards a grim future in which the inmates have taken over the asylum, and even the most repulsive of mid-budget character studies can be massive hits (and Oscar contenders) so long as they’re at least tangentially related to some popular intellectual property. The next “Lost in Translation” will be about Black Widow and Howard Stark spending a weekend together at a Sokovia hotel; the next “Carol” will be an achingly beautiful period drama about young Valkyrie falling in love with a blonde woman she meets in an Asgardian department store.

Sounds to me like someone that has problems with superhero films in general.

It’s nothing less (and nothing more) than an agent of unbridled chaos.

:banana:

18 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

You must be right. Only the negative reviews nailed it. :insane:

IndieWire.JPG.5bb503191e5f840b016feff479b12de8.JPG

Sounds to me like someone that has problems with superhero films in general.

:banana:

What do I gotta do to get you to spitball a opening weekend guesstimate ?  I am really wondering if you think the "controversy" (be it real or manufactured) will help.it or hurt it in the end.... :devil::angel: :baiting:

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

3 minutes ago, Jaydogrules said:

What do I gotta do to get you to spitball a opening weekend guesstimate ?  I am really wondering if you think the "controversy" (be it real or manufactured) will help.it or hurt it in the end.... :devil::angel: :baiting:

-J.

No need for me to contribute on a guesstime. We have you for that. :baiting:(::insane::foryou:

My Brother in law saw it at TIFF. He isn't a critic and I would say he isn't biased.

"I feel mixed. I really enjoyed watching it like really entertaining, amazing performance from Joaquin, very dark, but I think it might be stigmatizing to mental health".

Take from that what you will.

9 minutes ago, Larryw7 said:

When DC fanatics were jealous of the good reviews the Marvel movies were getting, they resorted to conspiracy theories. Now the Marvel Zombies are doing the same.

NEVER any disrespect meant towards you. But you are misremembering some events. An MCU actor came out swinging even in 2008, care of a 2008 Huffington Post interview with Robert Downey Jr.

Robert Downey Jr On “The Dark Knight”: “F*@$ DC Comics”

Which apparently was not the case with the other big summer movie “The Dark Knight”. “My whole thing is that that I saw ‘The Dark Knight’. I feel like I’m dumb because I feel like I don’t get how many things that are so smart. It’s like a Ferrari engine of storytelling and -script writing and I’m like, ‘That’s not my idea of what I want to see in a movie.’ I loved ‘The Prestige’ but didn’t understand ‘The Dark Knight’. Didn’t get it, still can’t tell you what happened in the movie, what happened to the character and in the end they need him to be a bad guy. I’m like, ‘I get it. This is so high brow and so f—king smart, I clearly need a college education to understand this movie.’ You know what? F*@$ DC comics. That’s all I have to say and that’s where I’m really coming from.”

Well clearly Downey isn’t about to do anything for DC Comics anytime soon. “You know, you’re never too old to burn your bridges because I believe I have offended everyone,” he says, laughingly. “I think I’ve got a couple more. ‘I’ll burn that bridge when I come to it’ is my favourite phrase I’ve ever coined.”

Time can cloud events sometimes. :foryou:

Not even including how Anthony Mackie put down a critic for liking Man of Steel (2013).

33 minutes ago, Jimmy Linguini said:

My Brother in law saw it at TIFF. He isn't a critic and I would say he isn't biased.

"I feel mixed. I really enjoyed watching it like really entertaining, amazing performance from Joaquin, very dark, but I think it might be stigmatizing to mental health".

Take from that what you will.

Thanks for sharing. :foryou:

At least he admitted liking it, and didn't say it is for the Incels to celebrate hating women, or encouraging people to murder others.

Edited by Bosco685

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

This reminds me of Requiem for a dream, a movie that is troubling and difficult at times to watch 

however the movie is brilliant and doesn’t hold back, the director is bold and I wish we would have more movies like that instead,of the same carp that hits the theatres week in and week out

One of the best movies ever made!