• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

19 minutes ago, fantastic_four said:

They left that open, but the film implied strongly that's not the case.  Or I suppose you can assume Thomas Wayne really is a monster and was lying.  If so, that's the most unsympathetic version of Batman's dad I've ever seen.

Check last post in spoilers thread.

1 hour ago, fantastic_four said:

How did they establish that?

Well they didn't 

But the film left alot to the imagination.

So I imagine he was in his Twenties. I guess you could track back by when his mom worked for Wayne. I bet you a detailed examination would reveal his actual age in the movie.

1 hour ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

Arthur said something along these lines to Penny, early in the movie; "you worked for him over 30 years ago".

That puts Joker over 30 easily. Especially since Wayne is aware of the adoption situation.

But it has to be established weather he is Wayne's legitimate child or not. If he is adopted than finding out his actual age is harder

6 minutes ago, HENRYSPENCER said:

Some of the songs in the film I will never think of the same way again.  Much like A Clockwork Orange.

Agreed! They are linked to this film going forward.

You watch cinema and Netflix, and most films come and go. Rarely do they stick with you, engraved in your mind; Joker is one of them. I think this is primarily because of how dark the picture was and the ambiguity in meaning. The film masterfully leaves certain aspects of the plot open to higher interpretation.