• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Straw-Man said:

nice, but i'm sure that superVILLAIN fatigue is just around the corner!

We shall see what comes of this comic book trend.

Deadpool (anti-hero), Venom (anti-hero) and Joker (villain) seem to demonstrate with the right leads and wild stories, audiences respond positive. So hopefully even Disney is watching this and determining those pernding Doctor Doom (villain) and Multiple Man (anti-hero) projects may make more sense than they did previously.

My fear is Disney will not allow itself to consider R-Rated content because of the Bob Iger mandate films and TV shows must be geared toward mass-market appeal.

I haven't seen it, but my wife did with some work colleagues and she said "I thought the whole thing was mess" and " I think I preferred the Killing Joke to this...and I didn't really like the Killing Joke".

With a ringing endorsement like that I'm glad I decided to skip this.

31 minutes ago, Logan510 said:

I haven't seen it, but my wife did with some work colleagues and she said "I thought the whole thing was mess" and " I think I preferred the Killing Joke to this...and I didn't really like the Killing Joke".

With a ringing endorsement like that I'm glad I decided to skip this.

<3

On 9/26/2019 at 9:35 AM, Jaydogrules said:

Okay, I'll bite, and maybe I can finally get you to answer this question....

So, other than "incels", and the diehard comic book fanboys, who exactly is going to be the audience for this film to make it the "record setting blockbuster" fanboys and incels so desperately want it to be?

Women ?

Nooooo.

Minorities?

Lol, yeah right.

Families?

Come on.

Kids?

They won't even be able to get in to the theater.

Date nighters?

Good luck talking your girlfriend into that.

So what large groups will get this thing to "four quadrant" status ?

I think WB is making a big mistake with their marketing, trying to sell this niche/wanna be arthouse film to a mass market.  They think slapping the "Joker" name and including a few other obligatory, very loose connections to Batman lore, will get people into theaters en masse.  I see a lot of perturbed and offended general audiences, at least the ones showing up on Thursday and Friday, and bad audience buzz when word starts getting around that this is a dark, depressing movie about a 45 year old loser who "can't get laid", is a "professional clown" for a living and spends half of the over-long movie running through the streets aimlessly and the other half getting beaten up by somebody, either physically or verbally.  Bring out the Oscar's? Lol sure.  Like I said, nobody cares about critics (or even really the Oscars) anymore.  

Come to think of it, this movie sounds a lot like a recently concluded show on FX.

It was called Baskets. :idea:

-J.

This hasn't aged well.

3 hours ago, darkstar said:

This hasn't aged well.

I think a lot of people get worked up by the news cycle or something they just read on twitter, you know the kind of stuff designed to push your buttons. Then they come on the boards fired up and start posting in that context. Lot of invective in that original post that I find difficult to understand otherwise.

3 hours ago, RedRaven said:

I think a lot of people get worked up by the news cycle or something they just read on twitter, you know the kind of stuff designed to push your buttons. Then they come on the boards fired up and start posting in that context. Lot of invective in that original post that I find difficult to understand otherwise.

But he posted it with confidence. So he's got that going for him.

Goofy_Swing_n0rpdmrj_cr891rqb.gif.38163f2bb466c89e4ec4acde824e7412.gif