• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

:applause:

Phoenix did Ledger proud.

The difference will always be that, I think, we all expected Phoenix to perform well.

I don't think that a single person expected the results that Ledger gave us. That performance was beyond his 'comfort zone'. The fact that Nolan let Heath direct those little home-made videos adds to it.

DC_MCU_BO200121a.thumb.PNG.8d0d855731040f8f30d02a1c6f02fe0f.PNG

Joker is now only $10.9M unadjusted from matching The Dark Knight Rises. Crazy for a film that WB was nervous to move forward with (kind of like Deadpool with Fox), how it now is turning into one of the most award-celebrated huge hit for the studio.

Couldn’t wait and found a blu-Ray on eBay for $10. Advertised as authentic but only in paper sleeve (I keep in a binder so fine by me), explicitly says not a copy, and from a highly rated seller. All that said, no idea if it’s a fake, but I’m watching now and quality is as expected. My fav movie of 2019, love it. 

Joker Day 112 (1/23) bring it to $10.6M shy of matching The Dark Knight Rises.

DC_MCU_BO200125a.thumb.PNG.140c023f5cfc1926ae8072a38346072a.PNG

All from a film that received extensive attention from CNN, The Guardian, The Hollywood Reporter and io9 as a potential contributor for violence that should not be released.

:applause:

Joaquin Phoenix, picking up his Best Actor prize for Joker, made a particularly poignant speech on the topic.

“I feel conflicted because so many of my fellow actors that are deserving don’t have that same privilege. I think we send a very clear message to people of color that you’re not welcome here,” he said.

“I don’t think anybody wants a handout or preferential treatment, people just want to be acknowledged, appreciated and respected for their work. This is not a self-righteous condemnation. I’m part of the problem,” Phoenix continued.

“We have to do the hard work to truly understand systemic racism. I think it is the obligation of the people that have created and perpetuate and benefit from a system of oppression to be the ones that dismantle it. That’s on us,” he concluded.

Another win for the comic book genre! :applause: :whee: