• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

Joker Day 126 (2/6) domestic and international updates.

• CinemaScore: B+
  • Rotten Tomatoes Critics: 68%
  • Rotten Tomatoes Audience: 88%
  • Metacritic Critics: 59/100
  • Metacritic Audience: 9.1/10
  • IMDb Users: 8.6/10

+ $289M Deadpool
+ $216M Venom
- $9.1M The Dark Knight Rises

DC_MCU_BO200208b.thumb.PNG.a632a40a613c6ca89e34a1712be9a376.PNG

:applause:

Edited by Bosco685

On 2/2/2020 at 6:36 PM, Bosco685 said:

So shouldn’t the anti-diversity trolls be attacking Phoenix now the way they attacked Brie Larson for calling out the lack of diversity in the national film critics industry? They won’t because for them it’s okay for a white dude to bring it up, but when a woman brings it up it’s feminazism and out come the pitchforks and tiki torches.

Btw, that’s an interesting profile image used for this troll YouTuber’s videos...

Edited by @therealsilvermane

13 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

So shouldn’t the anti-diversity trolls be attacking Phoenix now the way they attacked Brie Larson for calling out the lack of diversity in the national film critics industry? They won’t because for them it’s okay for a white dude to bring it up, but when a woman brings it up it’s feminazism and out come the pitchforks and tiki torches.

Btw, that’s an interesting profile image used for this troll YouTuber’s videos...

Please stop bringing up your sexist attacks against males. We should respect one another. Males. Females. Transgender.

:smile:

3 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Please stop bringing up your sexist attacks against males. We should respect one another. Males. Females. Transgender.

:smile:

I just like to occasionally call out sexism when I see it. And I enjoy attacking trolls. It’s part of my superhero mentality, I read too many comics as a kid.

Just now, @therealsilvermane said:

I just like to occasionally call out sexism when I see it. And I enjoy attacking trolls. It’s part of my superhero mentality, I read too many comics as a kid.

I think you need to look in the mirror then, as it appears you only focus on such topics when it involves MCU characters.

I actually read DC, Marvel, Gold Key and many other titles as a kid. Guess having such range avoids bias.

4 minutes ago, @therealsilvermane said:

Well back in the day one of my favorite ongoing comic book series was Mike Grell’s Green Arrow so...

I like to imagine this is me metaphorically hunting trolls...

Other than when you are trolling, right? Then it is...

peterpan.PNG.3f8211e35037a56967112b5a7ab788cb.PNG

:baiting:

On 2/8/2020 at 7:05 AM, @therealsilvermane said:

While I don't agree with you attacking anybody, you can pull people into a discussion and have a rational conversation without attacking them, I do applaud you being forward about sexism

If the movies creators are given little brass plastic action figures or not, it matters very little. The audience has spoken, this movie resonated in a way Hollywood wasn’t expecting (or wanting).

If it really matters to you think about it this way. If they don’t give the gold krylon coated GIJoe (with Kung-Fu grip) to “team Joker” types it probably will make them look aloof and out of touch, that’s the kiss of death around there I bet so expect at least some figures from the playset to be under the tree.

Basically though if they give it or don’t, your world and this movies existence really changes very little. The audience makes the media creation great/relevant (and in this case they did). That’s really become apparent to me recently. The multimillionaire dog and pony show is just marketing to help sell next model years brand of widgets.

Isn’t the Oscars tonight? I never watch it but I’ll catch the highlights on YouTube the next day. I think Phoenix will take home Best Actor. Best Picture will either be The Irishman or 1917. Not my picks, just what I think the Academy will choose.

1 hour ago, IkewithMike said:

While I don't agree with you attacking anybody, you can pull people into a discussion and have a rational conversation without attacking them, I do applaud you being forward about sexism

I think you may be missing something here (purposely or otherwise). Unfortunately, even with the best intentions @@therealsilvermane has thrown out 'sexism' for anyone not liking Captain Marvel or Brie Larson.

There are going to be people that don't appreciate a performance role. To making it a sexism or diversity topic isn't always the root cause. So that then detracts from situations that do deserve such claims.

4 hours ago, Grails said:

Isn’t the Oscars tonight? I never watch it but I’ll catch the highlights on YouTube the next day. I think Phoenix will take home Best Actor. Best Picture will either be The Irishman or 1917. Not my picks, just what I think the Academy will choose.

yep, have it winning 2 Oscars in my pool :wishluck: