• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 5:27 PM, jsilverjanet said:

I understood the this to be an origin story so I doubt there will be a lot of screen time of the green hair etc 

I really hope they don't give him a sympathetic back story where the audience is suppose to cheer for him (or relate to why he's evil).

The Joker is psychotic.  Sometimes people are just born even for no reason.

23 minutes ago, AnthonyTheAbyss said:

I really hope they don't give him a sympathetic back story where the audience is suppose to cheer for him (or relate to why he's evil).

The Joker is psychotic.  Sometimes people are just born even for no reason.

Based on the killing joke origin, Joker wasn't a bad guy. Turned crazy after the accident. 

‘The Joker’ -script to be turned in next week, 2018 shooting schedule possible

uDMvxJh.png

It’s only been a month since we learned about The Joker movie that The Hangover director Todd Phillips has been working on, but apparently he’s been at it for a while because Variety reporter Justin Kroll has heard that the -script will be handed over to Warner Bros. by next week. If The Joker -script is to their liking, it’s possible that Warner Bros. could put the movie in front of cameras as soon as next year.

Todd Phillips is expected to direct The Joker movie, which he wrote with 8 Mile writer Scott Silver. Martin Scorsese is in talks to produce, and Warner Bros. is hoping to use his involvement as a way to convince Leonardo DiCaprio to star in the movie.

Standalone JOKER Movie WILL Be Separate From The DC Films Universe; New Banner Will Be Named Soon

The-_Joker-_Batman-_DC-_Comics.jpg

Warner Bros. is moving away from movies which all tie into each other and are launching a separate banner for releases that are totally standalone. The first of those is expected to be an origin story for The Joker and while that's only been rumoured up until now, both that new banner and the film are now official. That's despite the lack of any sort of press release announcing the launch of this new DC Films banner but Geoff Johns promises that the title of the label will be revealed "soon-ish" so something is clearly in the works.

Perhaps Warner Bros. and DC Entertainment is trying to figure out which films will join The Joker as a standalone tale. Could Nightwing and Shazam take place in a world separate to Justice League?

Joaquin Phoenix in Talks to Play The Joker in DC's Standalone Movie

The DC Films brand is expanding into standalone movies, starting with a Joker origin story from The Hangover director Todd Phillips. Now Variety is reporting that The Master star Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to play Joker in Phillips' movie.

Specifically it is reported that Phoenix is Todd Phillips clear frontrunner for the Joker role, but that studio negotiations have not yet begun. However, Phillips and Phoenix reportedly had a very successful meeting late last year, and it's now just on Warner Bros. to sign off. Rumor has it that Leonardo DiCaprio was first sought for the role, but didn't come to a deal.

The DC Standalone franchise is still waiting on an official branding name, but this Joker origin story will no doubt be an important launchpad for this division of the brand, which will offer moviegoers storylines and characters not included in the main DC Extended Universe shared universe.

I'm kinda tired of seeing the older actors in these roles or get tapped for these roles. I liked when Ledger got the role in The Dark Knight. Maybe Phoenix would do well, but I'm not seeing it. I would like to see someone younger in the role. Might be too close to his role in It, but that kid who played Pennywise would be good. Or, someone similar to that, young and can play creepy with good acting chops. I think ticket sales in the past decade or so has proven that the days of just simply adding a big name to a role doesn't necessarily bring in an audience. I'm not saying Phoenix wouldn't do well at it, but trying to cast Leo and then moving to Phoenix does seem to show they are trying to bring in a name.

I think the big name here is the Joker, not an actor, and instead of trying to satisfy the audience with a big name actor, satisfy us with creating the best Joker you can give us. That is what is going to bring in the dollars. DC is making mistakes by continuing to focus on the actors and not the roles. They learned nothing from Nolan. Maybe I am wrong and they see something in Phoenix that I do not. I think Leo would have been a huge mistake.

DC's Joker Origin Movie Reportedly Eyeing May Production Start

WhhzT5A.jpg

Hangover Trilogy director Todd Phillips will begin work on the Joker origin film in May. It was expected that the film would go in front of cameras this year; a -script has already been completed, and casting has been taking place under the radar, with actors like Leonardo DiCaprio rumored to be in contention. The latest we've heard is that Joaquin Phoenix is in talks to play the Joker - and he certainly would look the part.

As it says in the photo, the Joker origin film will be set in early '80s Gotham City. It will reportedly cover how a tormented and bullied young man grows into one of Gotham's most notorious criminals / killers. The overall purpose of these DC standalone films is to offer more unique creative interpretations of these characters and their world, so it's going to be interesting to see just what Phillips has in mind.

The upcoming solo Joker origin film has already spawned a variety of rumors regarding who will embrace the iconic villain, with Joaquin Phoenix being one of the names thrown into the mix. The actor has mostly refuted these rumors, yet does admit there's something enticing about playing the character.

“I don’t know… it could be an interesting character, I don’t know,” Phoenix shared with Fandango.

Despite some performers refusing to jump on the superhero bandwagon, the actor confirmed the only reason he hasn't joined the genre yet is he hasn't found the right character or collaborators.

“I see it as any other movie,” Phoenix confessed. “I wouldn’t say… 'I won’t do Westerns.' It depends on what it is. I don’t really care about the genre, I care about the character and the filmmaker. If you have the ability to transcend the genre, then that’s what you want to do. So I wouldn’t say, hands down, no – I wouldn’t do that kind of movie."

He added, "There are things where I’ve flirted with the possibility where there was the potential for this to be… something that’s actually interesting to me. But then for whatever reason they never got to that place where everyone else feels the same way. And that’s key. Everyone has to want to explore the same thing or else it just doesn’t f-cking work. I’m not opposed to it. I don’t make decisions on budget or things like that – it’s really the filmmaker and the character.”

Joaquin Phoenix Isn't Intimidated By Following In Heath Ledger's Footsteps As THE JOKER

378293823.jpg

During a recent interview, the eccentric actor refused to confirm or deny his involvement with The Joker movie but when he was asked if he feels intimidated by what Christopher Nolan and Heath Ledger did with the character (something which earned the actor an Oscar), it doesn't sound like he's at all bothered by that and would actually be up for the challenge on putting his own stamp on him.

"I don’t know about that movie or character specifically, but I was thinking about it’s interesting with comics there’s different writers and artists that come on. It’s different than this character from literature being uniquely that. There are different interpretations. It’s so interesting; I was just thinking about it today, it seems so unique in some ways to comic books. I think there’s probably room for that. Maybe it’s like doing a play, like you always hear about people doing something, ‘You should have seen this actor in this performance,’ but then other actors do it and it’s a different kind of film. I think that genre, comic books, kind of lends itself to having different people play the same character and interpret it in a different way. It’s kind of built into the source material in some ways. I think it’s cool when people do that."