• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

I don't know why, but this feels like it could be called Eternal Sunshine of the Joker's Mind - and much like the original movie with a similar name, it could be really good, really thought-provoking, and a complete flop at the box office (after the first weekend and early ticket sales). hm

Edited by valiantman

So with all the talk about King of Comedy, I went and watched it and can definitely see the comparison. I'm guessing the delusions will probably take on a darker tone in this one.

Edit - It was a great movie, btw. De Niro was great as was Lewis. Even Sandra Bernhard was better than I expected.

Edited by Antpark

15 hours ago, Antpark said:

So with all the talk about King of Comedy, I went and watched it and can definitely see the comparison. I'm guessing the delusions will probably take on a darker tone in this one.

Edit - It was a great movie, btw. De Niro was great as was Lewis. Even Sandra Bernhard was better than I expected.

Oh yeah... very underrated film you don't hear much about. You will now!

I don’t have much interest in seeing the joker as a sympathetic characterWhich is where they seem to be going with this origin story I think he works best as a crazy psycho pathic character not as someone you feel sympathy for or understand 

28 minutes ago, Bird said:

I don’t have much interest in seeing the joker as a sympathetic characterWhich is where they seem to be going with this origin story I think he works best as a crazy psycho pathic character not as someone you feel sympathy for or understand 

My recommendation is dont watch it.  Thanks for your take though it was very interesting!!

10 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

My recommendation is dont watch it.  Thanks for your take though it was very interesting!!

I didn’t need your recommendation as I clearly said I didn’t have any interest in it

1 hour ago, Bird said:

I didn’t need your recommendation as I clearly said I didn’t have any interest in it

And nobody needs your opinion either.  Who cares if some dipsh it  wants to see the movie.  Too much of that garbage everywhere in this world 

Edited by DiamondCityComics

3 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

And nobody needs your opinion either.  Who cares if some dipsh it  wants to see the movie.  Too much of that garbage everywhere in this world 

This is why we cant have nice things.

Geez, why are not all opinions accepted here. If people have to put up with the "He is gonna win an Oscar and its the greatest Joker ever." based on the trailer, then people also need to accept that some people aren't into it without getting their panties in a wad.

The trailer was mediocre to some of us. I have no problems with people liking it and wanting to see it, I am just waiting for more on it and probably reviews. It very well could turn out to be a great movie. The jury is still out.

I do agree that trying to make him a sympathetic character is a bit of a stretch. The Dark Knight, he was not. He was like he is supposed to be from the comics. A bad- villain.

8 minutes ago, DiamondCityComics said:

Ooh you’re a big scary boy aren’t you