• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

A bit slow at times, but I think it contributes to the impact of the climax....and that’s me trying to be critical so I don’t sound like a bandwagoner. It’s fascinating when you consider Phoenix doesn’t speak much in the film, really...he delivers a moving performance with mostly non-verbal communication. But the real star here, imo, is the cinematography. The lighting, angles, etc...really amplify phoenix’ contributions.

I haven't seen it yet.

However, I saw Joaquin Phoenix starred in You Were Never Really Here movie in 2017 --- it reminded me of Taxi Driver movie (so much similarities).

Now, everyone in US compare Joker as Taxi Driver movie and others but not overseas. 

Don't worry. I will see it soon.

8 hours ago, Bosco685 said:

The Cinemascore came in at a good (not great) level as an R-Rated crime horror thriller. The same as IT: CHAPTER ONE.

I am not surprised, based on the intensity of the content.

CinemaScore_Joker.PNG.0608247d14f5d8f9a31ecb5ac5242bda.PNG

Not bad company.

Edited by Bosco685

My wife and I had a “J” movie weekend... saw Judy Friday and Joker today.  And as we left the theater after Joker I said, “is it weird that I feel like we just saw the same movie two days in a row?”  She whole heartedly agreed.

Now, this was not just because both movies featured a lot of Sinatra music...  but because we thought both movies overall were “ehh” at best, but the performances of the leads were PHENOMENAL.

Obviously if anyone here wants my thoughts on Judy, PM me, but as for Joker... if you’re familiar with movies like Taxi Driver and King of Comedy, this is the kind of movie that makes you think “oh, I should really watch those movies again” WHILE you’re watching this movie.  

The movie was very violent and dark, but maybe never as menacing as you expect the Joker.  Even so, we saw a family come in with a few kids who could not have been more than 7-8 years old and we thought they must have believed they were seeing the new Aquaman.  Yikes.

I think people will try to make this movie have more to say than it actual had to say...and that’s fine, but the fact is overall I wasn’t very taken in or entertained by it.  That being said, Joaquin Phoenix was SO good as Joker that it makes the movie worth watching.

If it helps, I’d put it on the same level as Bohemian Rhapsody — another average (at best) movie with a brilliant lead performance that makes it worth seeing.

Edited by fmaz

The Joaquin Phoenix-fronted DC Comics adaptation about the origins of the iconic Batman villain flexed its financial might across advance screenings Thursday night, bagging a staggering $13.3 million (per official studio estimates) to notch a new preview-showing record for the month of October.

8 minutes ago, bentbryan said:

Just got back. You don’t get many performances like this folks.  Go see it. 

Honestly, I am in shock at how good this was. I am trying not to talk about it because my enthusiasm might give away spoilers.

Looks like Batman #1 will be worth more than Superman #1 now.

Does anyone else get this vibe that the Joker is actually more interesting than Batman now?

DC hit anouther homerun. Can`t wait for Birds of Prey.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

1 hour ago, ComicConnoisseur said:

Honestly, I am in shock at how good this was. I am trying not to talk about it because my enthusiasm might give away spoilers.

Looks like Batman #1 will be worth more than Superman #1 now.

Does anyone else get this vibe that the Joker is actually more interesting than Batman now?

DC hit anouther homerun. Can`t wait for Birds of Prey.

There is a thread with open discussion (spoilers)

Theater in India played Heath Ledger’s Joker tribute video before movie screening & fan reactions are wild

Warner Bros. R-rated ‘character study’ origin film, The Joker is already on the way to shatter several box office records. The DC movie is available in theaters worldwide but fans in India got to experience it a few days prior thanks to an early release. One theater, in particular, decided to give fans more than they bargained for playing a neat little tribute video – paying respect to the late Heath Ledger.

Vettri theaters in Chennai, India surprised audiences when they unexpectedly first played the Joker trailer to moviegoers during the movie’s first screening. The short trailer quickly ended but “Lastly” had another such short clip but this time it was Ledger’s version of the Joker from Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight.

Edited by Bosco685