• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Bosco685 said:

5.6X production budget

DC_MCU_BO191012a.thumb.PNG.fb09e1c6fe91c1c26b6611a7bcdd83a2.PNG

@Jaydogrules

@Gatsby77

I think the studio is still trying to find an audience for this one. Hang tight. They'll have more information soon.

emotion01.gif.6db49da17b218d584f57ec493dc60dae.gif

I'm happy to be wrong on this one.

It now looks like it will hold better %-wise than either Wonder Woman or Black Panther did their second weekends and I think $50 million's possible, esp. since the 3-day weekend will boost Sunday's numbers.

Also means it's virtually a lock to pass my prediction of a $240 million domestic run.

That said, me personally? I'm a *huge* Batman fan and will be skipping this one in the theaters.

This weekend my movie is El Camino.

Edited by Gatsby77

1 hour ago, Gatsby77 said:

I'm happy to be wrong on this one.

It now looks like it will hold better %-wise than either Wonder Woman or Black Panther did their second weekends and I think $50 million's possible, esp. since the 3-day weekend will boost Sunday's numbers.

Also means it's virtually a lock to pass my prediction of a $240 million domestic run.

That said, me personally? I'm a *huge* Batman fan and will be skipping this one in the theaters.

This weekend my movie is El Camino.

Agreed.  Not everybody on here is incapable of acknowledging when some of their predictions are wrong. 

That still doesn't change my opinion that the movie was trash.  

El Camino was fun.

-J.

Edited by Jaydogrules

even dead he's got better hair than the other Forbes suckaphant

23 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

The Herbalife guy has some interesting predictions.

From the grave. (::roflmao:

even from the grave, he's better at math than the reigning #2 Forbes WB suckaphant  #JLProductionbudget275MMevenMendelsonhasmovedonfromthatfiction:roflmao:#Aquaman160MMProductionbudgetDeadlineknowsbest :roflmao:

4 hours ago, paperheart said:

even dead he's got better hair than the other Forbes suckaphant

even from the grave, he's better at math than the reigning #2 Forbes WB suckaphant  #JLProductionbudget275MMevenMendelsonhasmovedonfromthatfiction:roflmao:#Aquaman160MMProductionbudgetDeadlineknowsbest :roflmao:

Oh no. You did that research all on your own. :insane:

On 9/27/2019 at 10:16 PM, paperheart said:

yes, this guy was better when he was the founder of Herbalife.  Forbes, notoriously, seems to hire movie guys who can't do numbers. Shazam, gut told him $600-700MM, should have stuck with his brain.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhughes/2019/03/23/review-shazam-is-electrifying/#1ec554202171

:roflmao:

And Jaydogrule going along with this like it was fact.

On 9/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, Jaydogrules said:

doh!

Oy vay lol.  I forgot about that one.  

Should have stuck with the pyramid schemes.  

-J.

Guys, you can have opinions, wild or otherwise. But man, when you deliver on a doozy, you do it BIG!

If the three of you didn't act so condescending we would have so much more fun in this area.

Edited by Bosco685

It’s still all smiles for “Joker,” which grossed another $17 million on its second Friday at the domestic box office.

If estimates hold, the Warner Bros. villain flick could score another $60 million come Sunday, down just 37% from its $96 million box office debut. That’s above earlier predictions, which saw the film landing somewhere in the $50 million range, and could push the movie past the $185 million mark by the end of the weekend.

“Joker” also had no problem conquering this weekend’s box office newcomers MGM and United Artists Releasing’s “The Addams Family” and Paramount’s “Gemini Man.” Likely fueled by family audiences looking for a more family-friendly alternative, “The Addams Family” came in at No. 2 with $9.7 million from 4007 locations. If estimates hold, the film should take home around $33 million by the end of the weekend.

Holy! :whatthe:

Comic book films once again kicking butt! :applause:

This movie to me is a "one and done"  I wanted to give it higher but I can understand why critics are on the fence...

Spoiler

I liked this movie as a "film" on mental illness (and not a comic book movie).
The only one that comes close to this (but unlike this film is very re-watchable) was one flew over the cuckoo's nest. 
The acting was great! And the -script was original - thus very entertaining like a spectator to a bad car crash.
It was just hard to imagine away how disturbing this film is.
My major problem (and I hope I'm wrong) is that Hollywood with all their crusaders against gun violence and that doesn't like to seemingly accept responsibility for the pop culture worshipers that it spurns that are ironically off their meds and seeking to be the violent flavor of the week. Little do we forget that one of our own board members fell to the ultra violent tendencies of such a gut wrenching happening. That ultra sad colorado shooting spree was semi spurned by the Joker character from the Heath Ledger off of Dark Knight that became an event for DK Rises.
I pray I am wrong that someone didn't watch this and felt ironically/chillingly inspired by this.
I'm not saying this shouldn't have been made. I just pray that we don't have a repeat. And that was all of what was going through my mind when I saw this film.
Just like the numerous copy cats of columbine. The responsibility to not only these type of acts that get seemingly glamorized by the media, but a more responsible approach
to rectifying a system to ironically get people the meds (and help) that they need and not to ignore them. Maybe this is message preached to exactly that! I'd like to believe that.
To me it's a film that deserves a "A" rating, but from my fear of copycats of Colorado it's only a "B-"