• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

I already told myself that I will withhold judgement until the first trailer is released. I'm not a fan of Phoenix's makeup, but they chose a great actor for the role, and live-action sequences should reveal a lot. His posture, voice, etc. Still images and small clips won't give us anything good to base off of.

51 minutes ago, jason4 said:

THis looks 100 times better than what we are actually seeing with his makeup. 

Could it be the first part of the film is the Joker at an early stage before he goes full crazy clown? So the big twist could be that change.

Admittedly, I'm not the biggest DC fan however I hope this movie flourishes, as it's a - seemingly at least - completely different cinematic approach to the Batman/Joker cannon.  It has its own identity in the best possible way and my only wish is that movie-goers see it as that.

Edited by sagekilz

I hope it's dark. The Joker is just one of those villains, especially ever since The Dark Knight, that you can empathize with. "All it takes is one bad day." That's what's great about Batman's villains - being mostly human - that makes his franchise super valuable. It's easier to make human villains compelling.

I don't want a rehash of Ledger's Joker. Something more dramatic maybe. Not an Agent of Chaos. Maybe someone more cold and calculated. Idk. I just want it to be good. Worlds of DC films seem to be... Heads or tails...

2 hours ago, TwoPiece said:

I hope it's dark. The Joker is just one of those villains, especially ever since The Dark Knight, that you can empathize with. "All it takes is one bad day." That's what's great about Batman's villains - being mostly human - that makes his franchise super valuable. It's easier to make human villains compelling.

I don't want a rehash of Ledger's Joker. Something more dramatic maybe. Not an Agent of Chaos. Maybe someone more cold and calculated. Idk. I just want it to be good. Worlds of DC films seem to be... Heads or tails...

I see what you did there.
Image result for two face gif

24 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

That seemingly implies that the Joker character himself may not have much screen time?

Kind of a turn-off, if so. I don't think many people care about much of the Joker's backstory. I don't.

Batman: The Killing Joke used the mystery of his origin in a great way to maintain the curtain around most of his story while dropping enough breadcrumbs.

But for the general audience, all they have is Batman (1966) TV show, Batman (1989), The Dark Knight and the TV animated show interpretations. So for them, this is going to be a fresh experience. Not us comic book nuts.

11 minutes ago, Bosco685 said:

Batman: The Killing Joke used the mystery of his origin in a great way to maintain the curtain around most of his story while dropping enough breadcrumbs.

But for the general audience, all they have is Batman (1966) TV show, Batman (1989), The Dark Knight and the TV animated show interpretations. So for them, this is going to be a fresh experience. Not us comic book nuts.

Still - I want to see a Joker movie with the Joker doing Joker stuff.

If it's not at least 40% Joker stuff then it isn't much of a Joker movie.

8 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

I am sure it will beat the Leto version and be somewhere in between the Nicholson and Ledger versions.

image.jpeg.e1655dfa19784f6039804c27f2439c2b.jpeg

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

32 minutes ago, TwoPiece said:

We have no idea yet the 40% of appearance, other than the extensive videos shared by sideline viewers and the director which were all about the character that becomes the Joker. Like 90% of the videos and photos.

Keep the faith. We shall see what comes out in the end.