• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

JOKER: THE MOVIE produced by Martin Scorsese (TBD)
1 1

1,790 posts in this topic

I remember when news of this movie broke and I was very happy with the choice of actor and extremely disappointed with the choice of director. Phillips has made a couple of decent comedies and a couple of lame comedies. Not much else. I was also excited when I first heard Leto was cast back then for SS but the director failed in bringing out the right performance from him. Leto is a brilliant actor and could have been the best Joker to date but he was restricted by bad writing and direction. Yes, bad direction from Ayer. Remember he wrote Training Day but did not direct it. His only good films that he directed are Fury and End of Watch. That’s it.  So now we have the director of the Hangover trilogy taking a shot at it. I’m skeptical. I’m praying it’s going to be awesome though and can’t wait to see the trailer here shortly.

5 hours ago, Oddball said:

I remember when news of this movie broke and I was very happy with the choice of actor and extremely disappointed with the choice of director. Phillips has made a couple of decent comedies and a couple of lame comedies. Not much else. I was also excited when I first heard Leto was cast back then for SS but the director failed in bringing out the right performance from him. Leto is a brilliant actor and could have been the best Joker to date but he was restricted by bad writing and direction. Yes, bad direction from Ayer. Remember he wrote Training Day but did not direct it. His only good films that he directed are Fury and End of Watch. That’s it.  So now we have the director of the Hangover trilogy taking a shot at it. I’m skeptical. I’m praying it’s going to be awesome though and can’t wait to see the trailer here shortly.

I had the same feelings when I first heard who the director is for Joker. But then I started watching some of his talks about directing.

He's actually a deeper thinker on his value to a production than I would have realized before watching his interviews.

I think this works as a teaser trailer. It just teases that there's a story. I'll need to see a little more Joker stuff in the next one. I think this is a good start. I thought that Phoenix would be a perfect casting choice, and this appears to confirm that.

26 minutes ago, comics4all said:

It looks interesting. DC has screwed up so much though, I will wait for the next trailer

Lies.

Worlds of DC screwed up Suicide Squad, but the onus is on Warner Bros for limiting Justice League's (and Dawn of Justice's) success.