• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC returned wrong book (hulk 181 is not new mutants 98)
2 2

45 posts in this topic

Mailcall today and received a new mutants 98 that isn't my book.  I sent off a hulk 181 and knew grading was tough, but this is on another level.  I'll call CGC tomorrow and see what they can do.

i didn't think the book had restoration or was trimmed, but absolutely know it wasn't a new mutants 98.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Please let me know if you have any advice.

IMG_2830.JPG

Edited by Chickenwings

Well, if CGC makes an error on your order you should probably call CGC. 

That's where your solution will come from 10,000% of the time. 

2 minutes ago, Chickenwings said:

Mailcall today and received a new mutants 98 that isn't my book.  I sent off a hulk 181 and knew grading was tough, but this is on another level.  I'll call CGC tomorrow and see what they can do.

i didn't think the book had restoration or was trimmed, but absolutely know it wasn't a new mutants 98.  Has anyone had this happen to them?  Please let me know if you have any advice.

IMG_2830.JPG

Rob!  This has happened to me too.  Give them a call and they'll get you set straight.  Which 181 was it?  The 9.4?

27 minutes ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

Most likely they got the label right? or grabbed the wrong book for slabbing? I would question all that too. Odd that there is a IH 181 label on a NM 98 book. :whatthe:

Just now, Chickenwings said:

The label is correct and I have the paperwork to confirm.  The book is not mine though.  

lol I didn't realize the label was correct.  I just assumed it was the wrong book/slab.  They actually slabbed the wrong book.  Now thats hard to do.  You've got so many 181's I wasn't sure which one you had slabbed.

2 minutes ago, Tony S said:

it's rare, but the shipping dept once in a great while gets books mixed up and sends books out to the wrong person.  Your Hulk 181 may well not even have shipped yet.  So just give them a call for instructions on returning this book. 

This isn't the shipping department sending out the wrong book.  This is the slabbing department and QC department not matching the book to the label.  Shipping department is in all likelihood just looking at the barcode number and book title to match to the invoice.  This is quite a bad mistake though especially considering it involves 2 signature series books.

1 hour ago, comix4fun said:

Well, if CGC makes an error on your order you should probably call CGC. 

That's where your solution will come from 10,000% of the time. 

I'll up that assumption to 11,000% of the time.

1 minute ago, oakman29 said:

And boardies ask me why I have yet to send in my AF15. 

It will never happen, because I would have a stroke if this happened.:frustrated:

3 million plus books graded and a handful of stories like this (all quickly corrected) and THIS is why you won't sub your AF 15?

Do you not travel by air on the off chance you'll be asphyxiated by the seat belt? lol

Just now, comix4fun said:

3 million plus books graded and a handful of stories like this (all quickly corrected) and THIS is why you won't sub your AF 15?

Do you not travel by air on the off chance you'll be asphyxiated by the seat belt? lol

I do not travel by air, no. I know that this would happen to me,just because.

I know it sounds crazy......

48 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I do not travel by air, no. I know that this would happen to me,just because.

I know it sounds crazy......

I do not recommend get books graded while in flight.