• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Cleveland -- March 2-4, 2018
1 1

36 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

I was also shocked to see both Dr Who people are Sunday only additions.  I wonder how many people will show up Saturday expecting to see them and be disappointed.

I'm curious whether they are booked at another show Saturday only, but I am too lazy to check. lol zzz

Just now, mysterio said:

I'm curious whether they are booked at another show Saturday only, but I am too lazy to check. lol zzz

Stan is there Sat-Sun so the Friday tickets are really looking pretty lame in terms of entertainers being there.  Spike from Buffy will be there!

On ‎2‎/‎16‎/‎2018 at 9:53 PM, Cascaders27 said:

Is anyone planning to go? I've been down there the past three years but I might end up skipping this one. Seeing Stan might be cool but there is no way I can justify the cost to actually go inside the tent I'm sure they'll have him secluded in.

Maybe if I can get some cheap Friday tickets so I can take my daughter.  Definetely not going to buy books.

15 hours ago, mysterio said:

Stan has cancelled.

Ouch!  Now the starting line up for peak Saturday is Flash and Cyborg from Justice League.  David Tennant and Rose on Sunday is pretty cool but I bet a bunch of people who bought tickets already for Saturday are going to be disappointed.

32 minutes ago, mysterio said:

And...Momoa just cancelled. This is not good for Wizard.

What a cluster F.  My wife heard an advertisement for his being at the Con and it's a day before the Con starts up.  How many people went out and bought tickets on the announcement and now are going to be pissed.  Just does not look like a good time.

I didn't go, and since I'll be busy all day tomorrow I'm not going to make it this year. I feel badly missing it, but last year didn't have a very comic feel to it, and from the sound of things this year wasn't any better. I hope Wizard finds a way to turn that trend around as opposed to just killing this location.

I regularly drive 2 to 3 hours for a 1 day Con so for me to not go to a 3 day Con about 15 minutes away is kind of painful but with very few dealers there is just better stuff to do this weekend.  I'll have plenty of chances to see Harley's stuff and the couple big local dealers this year for less then $40 a ticket.

58 minutes ago, 1Cool said:

I regularly drive 2 to 3 hours for a 1 day Con so for me to not go to a 3 day Con about 15 minutes away is kind of painful but with very few dealers there is just better stuff to do this weekend.  I'll have plenty of chances to see Harley's stuff and the couple big local dealers this year for less then $40 a ticket.

I went up Friday for dealer set up and stayed until about 5. Show was horrid. About 5 comic dealers who I see multiple times a year and 2-3 dealers from out of town. A few toy dealers and many overpriced pops. This was the least amount of dealers I have ever seen at a Wizard show. It was well attended for the couple of public hours I was there Friday and the cosplay percentage was very high. I did well on the few books and multiple toys I bought. I would never, ever, ever pay the wizard pricing for this particular show and have to imagine this is the last year of this show if Wizard does not get bought out by someone (rumors in the room were that Disney might be buying Wiz) or gets some dealers back in the room. PS no Harley. Bill's Books, Adam's Action Figures, Comics are Go, Dave and Adam's, Warp 9 Comics and 2 others were the dealers in the room. It was rough!!

From what I am gathering from articles it was busy for most of the weekend and there was long lines to get in on Saturday.  I spoke with one dealer that set up and he did "great" but he also did 50% of his sales to a couple of the national dealers.  Lots of statue sales and Pops but he said the casual comic book buyers were few and far between.  Here is a picture of the crowds on Saturday.

Wizard Cleveland 1.jpg