• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wizard World Cleveland -- March 2-4, 2018
1 1

36 posts in this topic

Other then Aquaman the guest look pretty week.  Hopefully they will add some bigger names at the last second.  It's been really cold this year so I know people are starving for some entertainment and getting out of the house.

Edited by 1Cool

Stan Lee has been added to the show which I believe is his first time doing a Con in Cleveland.  Stan drawns in the crowds but I think he also pulls way too much money from people's pockets then someone like Matt Baker.  People seem to think getting Stan's signature on books is like printing money.

Stan Lee has been added to the show which I believe is his first time doing a Con in Cleveland.  Stan drawns in the crowds but I think he also pulls way too much money from people's pockets then someone like Matt Baker.  People seem to think getting Stan's signature on books is like printing money.

7 minutes ago, bc said:

$50 bucks (not including "fees") to just get in the door on Saturday ???

Ummmmm...pass.

-bc

Gotta pay for all those celebs somehow. I don’t know how anyone affords these shows if they’re chasing celeb autos and photo ops. And Wizard is cheap compared to what I heard about Ace. 

I understand - just wish they had a basic "comic book buyer" ticket for those of us who just want to rummage in boxes. I can see $20-$25 given the venue, but man, $50+ just to get in the door doth bloweth.

-bc

11 minutes ago, bc said:

I understand - just wish they had a basic "comic book buyer" ticket for those of us who just want to rummage in boxes. I can see $20-$25 given the venue, but man, $50+ just to get in the door doth bloweth.

-bc

Problem with that is that everyone would swear that they were just there to look at the vendor booths, until they got into line to see the celebs...

If Wizard can't fleece everyone at least a little bit their cost structure wouldn't hold up. Guarantees for these celebs has gotten out of hand.

Edited by mysterio

22 hours ago, bc said:

$50 bucks (not including "fees") to just get in the door on Saturday ???

Ummmmm...pass.

-bc

There should be some deals to go on Friday for $20 or so.  There should be so few comic book dealers in the room a half day should be plenty to go see what's available.

Anyone actually seen a set up for the half booth at the Wizard show?  $650 is a little more doable and I just don't have the books to justify a full booth.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:

Anyone actually seen a set up for the half booth at the Wizard show?  $650 is a little more doable and I just don't have the books to justify a full booth.

I just can't see how anyone could set up a comic booth in a 5x10' space. Maybe you could get a narrow free-standing wall up behind an 8' table, but could you possibly sell enough to justify the cost of the table and actually make a profit after looking at the costs of the books? With it being your local show it keeps costs down, but unless you're selling some seriously high margin stuff I can't see it being worthwhile.

13 hours ago, mysterio said:

Jason Momoa cancelled

Ezra Miller added

Yikes - I know a lot of people were wanting to go just to see him.

1 hour ago, 1Cool said:
15 hours ago, mysterio said:

Jason Momoa cancelled

Ezra Miller added

Yikes - I know a lot of people were wanting to go just to see him.

Yeah, it is going to hurt. Not sure that Miller has nearly the following that Momoa has, so that replacement isn't going to excite everyone (though Miller has definitely done fewer shows, so it could be a plus).

1 hour ago, mysterio said:

Yeah, it is going to hurt. Not sure that Miller has nearly the following that Momoa has, so that replacement isn't going to excite everyone (though Miller has definitely done fewer shows, so it could be a plus).

I was also shocked to see both Dr Who people are Sunday only additions.  I wonder how many people will show up Saturday expecting to see them and be disappointed.