• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

No longer for sale...
2 2

67 posts in this topic

I will be at the Long Beach Con September 2 & 3 and I am always buying. If you are close to there, I can get you in or meet up Friday after set-up. 

If interested, send me a PM and we can see if we can work it out. Ed

I think the biggest single difficulty is in leaving enough room for a reseller.  I handmake furniture and sculpture, and if a store is willing to sell on consignment, they take at least 40%.  I don't know what the markup needs to be in comics, as there's more logistical effort on the end of a comic reseller than there is a furniture store in my case (They don't have to come get it from or assess hundreds of pieces).

MCS is a great options as mentioned already.

Instead of just selling them the entire lot at a fraction the value, you could consign them through MCS and only give up 10% (or I think it's 8% if the book's value is $300 or more).

You set the prices, and when the books sell, MCS sends you a check in a couple weeks.

Once MCS has all the books, you don't have to pack and ship each one individually by yourself. This way, you might be slowly parting the books out, but still recouping most of the equity in the books.

Most everybody wants top dollar for their collection , except for me :foryou:  half of my fun collecting comics is acquiring them, admiring them and filling in runs...... as a collector if i get half back of what i paid for them i have come out twice ahead !!!

my other hobby is golf..... i spend a small fortune on that every year but i love it also ... with no financial return of investment (except mostly misery)

The fact that you are in WA state is close to me. I just returned home from Portland there on Monday before. My timing is lousy, huh? lol

Still, you are going have to find the best option to do with your collection. GLWTS!  Consignment is maybe your best shot to get the most money you can get. The flip side is it will take longer to be done everything.

Maybe you could set aside a small batch of books for the boards here to sell?  I'm sure we will find a good home for your books in our collections. :baiting:

Note:  This will go after I get the collection sold.

I noticed I have some other items  to sale or get rid of as well.  I have a dry mount press that is collecting dust. Tried it on a few narly books.  They looked much better but decided I didn't have the time or desire to press books. I'm also looking at doing a freebie in the mixed section for a box of e. gerber archives (various sizes). 

Seal: Jumbo 160M

IMG_0329.thumb.JPG.fc6de54a3deaea488d8d4b51467d61b1.JPG

Edited by HighRadArt

3 hours ago, Fan Boy said:

The fact that you are in WA state is close to me. I just returned home from Portland there on Monday before. My timing is lousy, huh? lol

Still, you are going have to find the best option to do with your collection. GLWTS!  Consignment is maybe your best shot to get the most money you can get. The flip side is it will take longer to be done everything.

Maybe you could set aside a small batch of books for the boards here to sell?  I'm sure we will find a good home for your books in our collections. :baiting:

Where is this Portland, Washington?  Google Maps seems unaware of it.  hm

Just now, HighRadArt said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Where is this Portland, Washington?  Google Maps seems unaware of it.  hm

I guess the plan to confuse only lizards is working then...

Which part of Warshington are you in?(shrug)