• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum members gone too long. Where is The_Beyonder
3 3

348 posts in this topic

I've been around but not as much.

New board changes are not as easy to navigate through as quickly as I used to in comparison to the old board. 

Bought a house and have been spending a lot of time working on that. 

Been looking for a new job to no avail after another two people got up and left... and I have to be a little more picky than normal since I am already well over an hour commute in each direction between work and home. 

Lot of other things going on as well. 

Edited by Buzzetta

37 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I've been around but not as much.

New board changes are not as easy to navigate through as quickly as I used to in comparison to the old board. 

Bought a house and have been spending a lot of time working on that. 

Been looking for a new job to no avail after another two people got up and left... and I have to be a little more picky than normal since I am already well over an hour commute in each direction between work and home. 

Lot of other things going on as well. 

Hang in there. You'll find one, I tried last spring, they're out there though :)

23 hours ago, Junkdrawer said:

What I find now a days is that I hardly ever turn on my home computer. I've become a slave to my phone. Good thing is I can move about and far more easier. Problem is just reading this thread my phone went from 64% down to 61%. Perhaps more are chiming in but engaging less. Blame it on the summer? I know I'll be more active on the boards once winter takes hold. Till then comic bookin has competition vs lots of other things that can't winter well. 

I also think the like function slows down some of the traffic. Instead of commenting and bumping a thread, a lot of people just like comments now. 

On 8/24/2017 at 7:35 AM, comicquant said:

Since the upgrade I bet 90% of the regular posters are no longer (as) active.  I've only been on the boards for a year but its a ghost town (Who also rarely posts now) compared to what it was.  Its too bad because it used to be a fountain of knowledge and that vibe is longer here.  

No, these boards were really on the skids and losing active members well before the upgrade took place.  :gossip:

Unfortunately, I am in full agreement with the following post as this place seems relatively dead as compared to before:

On 8/25/2017 at 1:07 PM, Mutie Fan said:

I've always lurked more than posted, but for some reason the new board changes kind of put me off and it took a while for me to come back much. 

However, I believe many of our long lost board members were gone prior to the change over. I believe some just got fed up with this place being over moderated. 

In an effort to sanitize everything and make it a "safe place" it's just not as fun and engaging as it once was.

Just my 2c

Once again. the boards are greater than ever , some of those no longer here are the very ones who teamed up and belittled newer members, they felt a sense of entitlement on these boards, some of those gone regularly created drama and received strikes....

If anyone wants drama it can still be found in the WC

Edited by 1950's war comics

12 hours ago, 1950's war comics said:

Once again. the boards are greater than ever , some of those no longer here are the very ones who teamed up and belittled newer members, they felt a sense of entitlement on these boards, some of those gone regularly created drama and received strikes....

If anyone wants drama it can still be found in the WC

100 percent agree with this one. Those few certain malcontents in the WC never set foot on the rest of the board because they would be exposed quick,so that's why they never venture beyond their little safe house known as the water cooler.

lol

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

15 hours ago, lou_fine said:

No, these boards were really on the skids and losing active members well before the upgrade took place.  :gossip:

Unfortunately, I am in full agreement with the following post as this place seems relatively dead as compared to before:

I think social media also plays a factor in this. Many are on facebook,instagram and pinterest now.This has not just happened to this board,but many collectible boards in other hobbies as well. Rebel Scum,Nintendo Age,NikeTalk,Blowout Cards and other forums have experienced this as well.

Edited by ComicConnoisseur

On 8/24/2017 at 10:40 PM, kav said:

I'm glad I'm still around.

Good to hear (thumbsu

I was not a fan of Kav when he first showed up on the boards but I will 100% acknowledge I was completely wrong.  Kav is a great addition to the boards.  (worship)  

6 hours ago, oakman29 said:

Bronze age fan hasn't posted in a long time. What makes me worry more is he's a New Jersey Police officer in a bad town.

He posted his Black Knight #1 a little over a week ago on the Silver Age forums

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/topic/449835-black-knight-1-atlas-1955-club/