• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum members gone too long. Where is The_Beyonder
3 3

348 posts in this topic

On 4/19/2019 at 8:22 AM, lizards2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if over-moderation may have something to do with people leaving this place behind.

I rarely post now because I keep getting warnings from Mod1 over very innocuous postings.  I suspect one of my "followers" is there to turn in my posts.

Why do I worry about it?  I'm trying to keep off the vacations list, so that I can continue to post sales threads.

I've had several warnings and even a couple of vacations (can't remember if it was one or two) over innocuous, silly things that normally wouldn't move the needle by the old moderation team.

One of my vacations was in the middle of a sales thread, which irritated me to no end because I really didn't do anything wrong.

There are a few tools around here that deserve to be put in their place in the wood shed but I just put most of them on ignore now. They're not worth the effort.

10 hours ago, VintageComics said:
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:22 AM, lizards2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if over-moderation may have something to do with people leaving this place behind.

I rarely post now because I keep getting warnings from Mod1 over very innocuous postings.  I suspect one of my "followers" is there to turn in my posts.

Why do I worry about it?  I'm trying to keep off the vacations list, so that I can continue to post sales threads.

I've had several warnings and even a couple of vacations (can't remember if it was one or two) over innocuous, silly things that normally wouldn't move the needle by the old moderation team.

One of my vacations was in the middle of a sales thread, which irritated me to no end because I really didn't do anything wrong.

There are a few tools around here that deserve to be put in their place in the wood shed but I just put most of them on ignore now. They're not worth the effort.

I guarantee you that if I did what someone just did in your sale thread, I would get a vacation.

38 minutes ago, lizards2 said:
11 hours ago, VintageComics said:
On 4/19/2019 at 1:22 PM, lizards2 said:

I guarantee you that if I did what someone just did in your sale thread, I would get a vacation.

FU, Liz :)

11 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I had one on my birthday, which I thought was a very nice present :)

I remember asking if we could have an appeals process whereby you could send a PM to a review team to see if you could have an unfair vacation overturned. Unfair vacations do happen after all, and being able to contact them would be a fair way to deal with things. Argue your case so to speak. It was flatly rejected. 

51 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, lizards2 said:
12 hours ago, VintageComics said:
On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:22 AM, lizards2 said:

FU, Liz :)

You're welcome!!!  (worship)

I’ve received a few slaps for speaking the same way or tone to @greggy despite I think everyone knowing that it was a joke

yet someone here took the liberty to notify the post - make some comment regarding it and then foolishly moderation took it and issued the warning/strike

Also  I brought up moderations change a long time ago. At that time everyone thought I was full of it blah blah blah

Edited by jsilverjanet

1 hour ago, jsilverjanet said:

I’ve received a few slaps for speaking the same way or tone to @greggy despite I think everyone knowing that it was a joke

yet someone here took the liberty to notify the post - make some comment regarding it and then foolishly moderation took it and issued the warning/strike

Also  I brought up moderations change a long time ago. At that time everyone thought I was full of it blah blah blah

It's pretty easy to spot who is mucking about with friends. All the more reason to have a paid member of admin who can correct these things.  We're all adults, but it can actually be quite irritating to get moderated. Especially when it's unfairly. 

Moderation's never going to change until and if the people above them...perhaps way above them...understand and recognize a problem. And that's a huge "if."

Everyone who has been punished will claim innocence, and their "enemies" are just as likely to declare them guilty as sin. There is no "jury of your peers" here, nor can there be. The most effective way to address the issue is to write to the powers that be, calmly, rationally, and clearly explaining your position, focusing on the problem, not protesting your own individual innocence. Complaining about moderation is effective to a point...but ultimately, the only change will occur from the top. 

3 hours ago, RockMyAmadeus said:

The most effective way to address the issue is to write to the powers that be, calmly, rationally, and clearly explaining your position, focusing on the problem,

I agree with that statement 100%(thumbsu However there does seem to be a few (very few) members who seem to be pressing the report button on a regular basis, what surprises me is that the Mods don't seem to read the threads that these people complain about. These people are thin skinned and easily offended, most of it is harmless banter. Personally the Mods are encouraging these members, unfortunately they seem to be getting their way by pressing that button without consequences.