• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Forum members gone too long. Where is The_Beyonder
3 3

348 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, SCSQP said:

I sent Arch a PM a few days ago.  Still unread.  Just sent one to Dena.....:popcorn:

Not uncommon, and nothing to take personally. Admin are stretched, hence all the rambling in this thread! :insane:

And they don't work weekends (thumbsu

Edited by Get Marwood & I
War is hell

There was a music forum I used to partake in. 

They had a no holds barred attitude where there was not anything that was off the table.   Moderation later constructed a 'at your own risk' forum that people could engage in at their own risk.   Eventually though it all became boring and I left.   If the board no longer interests me for whatever reason then I leave. 

It's their sandbox not mine. 

3 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

There was a music forum I used to partake in. 

They had a no holds barred attitude where there was not anything that was off the table.   Moderation later constructed a 'at your own risk' forum that people could engage in at their own risk.   Eventually though it all became boring and I left.   If the board no longer interests me for whatever reason then I leave. 

It's their sandbox not mine. 

Is it though? Aren't we, the participating members,  the real owners? We put 99% of the content up. Mostly carp I grant you, but do you see my point? 

28 minutes ago, Get Marwood & I said:

Is it though? Aren't we, the participating members,  the real owners? We put 99% of the content up. Mostly carp I grant you, but do you see my point? 

Nope... 

Make your own forum and try to attract them all to your house if you truly believe that. 

At the end of the day, it's their sandbox.  No one will really mourn you if you decide to leave, or if I leave for that matter.  CGC will do just fine without this message board.  To be honest I am surprised that they still maintain it.  They could just as easily do this over facebook.

Edited by Buzzetta

5 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Nope... 

Make your own forum and try to attract them all to your house if you truly believe that. 

At the end of the day, it's their sandbox.  No will will really mourn you if you decide to leave, or if I leave for that matter.  CGC will do just fine without this message board.  To be honest I am surprised that they still maintain it.  They could just as easily do this over facebook.

What would a pence thread look like on Facebook I wonder? hm

On 4/19/2019 at 8:22 AM, lizards2 said:

I wouldn't be surprised if over-moderation may have something to do with people leaving this place behind.

I rarely post now because I keep getting warnings from Mod1 over very innocuous postings.  I suspect one of my "followers" is there to turn in my posts.

Why do I worry about it?  I'm trying to keep off the vacations list, so that I can continue to post sales threads.

I feel you. I've had several "notifications" regarding posts that break no guidelines.

A pesky member* has even publicly stated that he reports me in an effort to get me banned.

Moderation should have a list of "Person X who reports Person Y for any/every reason" and ignore those reports. Honest members will report a post that is actually doing the site a disservice, so it won't give said Person Y immunity or anything.

*Ironically, this person posted in this thread within the last day. lol

Edited by TwoPiece

1 hour ago, Get Marwood & I said:
1 hour ago, SCSQP said:

It used to be that we just entered our user name and password.  Now it’s member # or email.  

I’m old and confused.....and can’t get in :ohnoez:

Then you are not welcome here!

Only kidding, fill one of these in and they'll merge you back to your old self :headbang:

https://www.cgccomics.com/boards/forum/80-account-merge-requests/

Or send Scott or Dena a pm. 

And then they can ban you for having two user IDs :banana: 

1 minute ago, comicdonna said:

That would be the end of the boards for me.  I don't do Facebook.

Me either. As soon as I was able to, I dumped my account. The stuff they do like accessing your non Facebook accounts using info they collect from what they harvest is a bit scary. 

15 hours ago, VintageComics said:

I've sent two clear, very calm memes. Never even received a reply.

well reasoned post.jpg

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

Nope... 

At the end of the day, it's their sandbox.  No one will really mourn you if you decide to leave, or if I leave for that matter.  CGC will do just fine without this message board.  To be honest I am surprised that they still maintain it.  They could just as easily do this over facebook.

Yep.