• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why comic OA is better than fine art
1 1

346 posts in this topic

19 hours ago, Panelfan1 said:

These examples all look great.. and as comic fans we dont need a fancy description to tell us that.   I imagine none would sell too cheap. In the end what we keep and what we buy is determined as much by our budgets as what other choices we have.  If other stuff that we covet more is available at the same time while funds are finite - decisions have to be made.  

Captain America Vietnam Cover :cloud9:

13 hours ago, suspense39 said:

.....and those gold frames that don’t properly fit the art :(

I questioned that too. There is one room with all gold framed works. Many museums display impressionistic drawings in the same style but not sure if it fits here. Here are a few more pieces. Its a fun museum. You can even request an artist in their collection and they will bring it out for you to view in a special room they have. 

IMG_4525.jpg

IMG_4518.jpg

IMG_4534.jpg

IMG_4533.jpg

12 hours ago, suspense39 said:

For about the price of a top notch Crumb you could also have one of these.....

https://news.artnet.com/market/10-artworks-at-frieze-masters-2017-1107539

Seeing some of the items on that list made me think of this article I saw the other day, about a family returning a ceremonial robe to the original tribe. One of those cultural/art questions that I've rubbed up against when making art collecting decisions for myself on a couple occasions.

http://kuow.org/post/seattle-teen-calls-out-her-dad-s-native-american-art-he-learns-she-s-right

4 hours ago, ESeffinga said:

Seeing some of the items on that list made me think of this article I saw the other day, about a family returning a ceremonial robe to the original tribe. One of those cultural/art questions that I've rubbed up against when making art collecting decisions for myself on a couple occasions.

http://kuow.org/post/seattle-teen-calls-out-her-dad-s-native-american-art-he-learns-she-s-right

it's good to be aware of that stuff....and kudos for taking taking it into consideration!

22 minutes ago, suspense39 said:

it's good to be aware of that stuff....and kudos for taking taking it into consideration!

Ugh.   What to even think about that.     Some of those items were sold before any of us were even alive.    Its potentially a questionable claim when it relies solely on what may or may not have happened to ancestors in years past.   Others may disagree but its difficult for us all to come to consensus on ancient items or to say they belong to this group or that group when none of us were even born yet.

Edited by Bronty