• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

If you live in Texas, get your comics out of the basement !!

20 posts in this topic

For those of you that have never lived in Houston, the homes do not have a basement.  However, the medical center buildings did have basements and years of medical samples were ruined during the flooding back in the seventies and eighties.:whee:

Really awful situation just watching the news and in a old folks home people where almost drowning while waiting for help. Sitting in their chairs or wheelchairs and not even moving while over half their bodies where covered in water. Just awful!! I just can't imagine the pain these people are going threw.

And all the animals that have died or will die or are completely confused just makes my stomach sick to it's core.

Stay strong!!

la-vita-bella-nursing-home-ht-jt-170827_

Edited by SC22

1 hour ago, RareHighGrade said:

Anyone heard from Richard Evans yet?  I hope his stores are okay.

I just texted him.  He was in Chicago for the con, driving home right now.  Most of the stores are okay, but one is in a mandatory evac area. 

2 hours ago, BB-Gun said:

Richard's wife was posting pictures on Facebook.  Water level was high around his house where the more precious things were, like family and friends.:wishluck:

Richard mentioned that it was pretty bad around the house, but no water in the house.  

There's a thread here on the Houston flooding over at the water cooler. Mr. Bedrock has posted there a few times already about some of his "experience" so far. 

This won't be over for many for some time.