• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Label error & book returned damaged poor grade

32 posts in this topic

Just now, mschmidt said:

That sucks - hopefully you'll be able to work out some sort of reimbursement plan with your LCS.

chances are I’m screwed. I searched eBay to see what the going rate for a signed replacement to retry all over again and it’s not worth it. Same goes for the UK edition Star Wars #1

14 minutes ago, Navymr said:

chances are I’m screwed. I searched eBay to see what the going rate for a signed replacement to retry all over again and it’s not worth it. Same goes for the UK edition Star Wars #1

Sucks man. Hope your LCS is awesome and goes the extra mile to make it right for you. Perhaps he had the shipment insured while in transit? 

On 28/08/2017 at 3:50 PM, Patriot6 said:

Sucks man. Hope your LCS is awesome and goes the extra mile to make it right for you. Perhaps he had the shipment insured while in transit? 

Pretty sure if that was the case they would have been upfront about the situation to begin with. 

54 minutes ago, Navymr said:

Pretty sure if that was the case they would have been upfront about the situation to begin with. 

Well have you talked to the LCS yet? I read a lot of assumptions, but nothing concrete. Call the LCS and see what the heck is going on and what he/she intends to do about it.

On 8/28/2017 at 4:36 PM, Navymr said:

The LCS is responsible for packaging and shipping and should have insured the package so at the very least, you should be made monetarily whole for it's original value at the time of shipping.  If a replacement could be obtained that would be preferable but ultimately you may have to settle for the money.

This is why I only submit books directly to CGC at cons.  Saves on shipping and at least I have some assurances they'll be handled and packed the way they should be for their shipment back to CGC.   And if they aren't and somehow get damaged along the way, you know who's at fault.