• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

So, what did you get in Chicago?
4 4

80 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, october said:

Got these, among others. 

001 (20).jpg

001 (10).jpg

001.thumb.jpg.ade7f1fbb8fd5cf024ca39df7a109c0f.jpg

Tremendous! Love that AMF!!! I thought I had sifted through the GA books pretty well, but clearly missed this one, or was too late. Where'd you find this gem?

9 minutes ago, Brian Jaye said:

I was lucky to pick up a nice Captain America #4.  I am taking a break from collecting groups on FB, so I hope to get to know more people on the boards.

Brian

Cap number 4.JPG

Great book and welcome to the boards!

2 minutes ago, podboy66 said:

Great book and welcome to the boards!

Thank you very much.  I really look forward to making some more collecting friends.  It seems FB is more a place for quick pictures.  I hope to get involved in some deeper conversations about the hobby I enjoy.

12 minutes ago, Brian Jaye said:

I was lucky to pick up a nice Captain America #4.  I am taking a break from collecting groups on FB, so I hope to get to know more people on the boards.

Brian

Cap number 4.JPG

Welcome to the boards Brian! The GA thread is where the cool kids hang out! :insane:

Just now, Zolnerowich said:

Welcome to the boards Brian! The GA thread is where the cool kids hang out! :insane:

Thank you.  I just hope to learn about this era of comics some more.  I have mostly been a silver/bronze collector, but love the overall artwork of some of the golden age books.  I have alot to learn about this time frame.

53 minutes ago, Brian Jaye said:

Thank you.  I just hope to learn about this era of comics some more.  I have mostly been a silver/bronze collector, but love the overall artwork of some of the golden age books.  I have alot to learn about this time frame.

Welcome to the Boards. Sweet pick-up from the Con. (thumbsu

1 hour ago, Brian Jaye said:

Thank you very much.  I really look forward to making some more collecting friends.  It seems FB is more a place for quick pictures.  I hope to get involved in some deeper conversations about the hobby I enjoy.

..... you've come to the right place, friend...... GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

1 hour ago, Brian Jaye said:
1 hour ago, Zolnerowich said:

Wow, Cap 4 is a wonderful way to start off your GA collection and you'll definitely learn a lot by spending time here on the GA boards. 

Congrats again on your pickup and welcome to the boards here.  (thumbsu

4 hours ago, october said:

Got these, among others. 

001 (20).jpg

Congrats on finally being able to snag a nice copy of this gorgeous and classic cover book as I know you've been trying to acquire one for awhile now.  (thumbsu

Most definitely a real beauty and very well done!!!  :applause:

Edited by lou_fine

2 hours ago, Brian Jaye said:

Brian

Cap number 4.JPG

That's an awesome intro to Golden Age. Welcome to the boards!

5 hours ago, Larryw7 said:

That's an awesome intro to Golden Age. Welcome to the boards!

Thank you, I felt very fortunate to have been able to pick it up.  My past collecting experience has always centered of the later ages of comics, I want to learn and collect this era.  I just don't know enough about it, beyond the obvious.  I look forward to learning from you all.

8 hours ago, Zolnerowich said:

Tremendous! Love that AMF!!! I thought I had sifted through the GA books pretty well, but clearly missed this one, or was too late. Where'd you find this gem?

The dealer brought it to the show for me. It went from his bag to my bag, so don't feel bad.