• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Original Owner Silver Age - the "M.R." Collection

119 posts in this topic

Tales of Suspense #51 GVG. The OSPG points out that it's the first appearance of The Scarecrow; I wonder why? Does this guy even recur? It's not like he's the Batman foe Scarecrow. Go figure. (shrug) Anyway, there's a cool back-up story where Larry Lieber is inked by Matt Fox, and they remind me of Wolverton. Cool stuff. $30

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tales of Suspense #50, 1st appearance of the Mandarin.

I'll say VG minus, about a 3.5. Some upper right color-breaking creases and a small piece off the upper right back cover corner, but bright flat clean and glossy otherwise. Some chipping at top, lower right corner bend, spine flaws apparent in pix.

I know the movie version disappointed everyone, but this is still the Iron Man villain. $75

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Tales of Suspense #49, VG minus.

This one's significant six ways to Sunday: 1st X-Men crossover (same date as X-Men #3), 1st Avengers crossover, 1st Tales of the Watcher, 2nd appearance of the Watcher, Iron Man vs the Angel, 2nd red and yellow armor. Date stamp by the lower right corner of the "S" and nice "M.R." inside. $60

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ok fellow boardies, that is all there is to offer from this original owner collection. Thanks to all who looked, purchased and PM'ed. (thumbsu

There's still a fair amount of items left; (recap is third post on first page; everything but the ones that went up a half hour or so ago are there.) I will leave the thread open for at least 24 hours but close it by the end of the holiday weekend so I can get piles prepped and ready to head to new homes.

PM's are always welcome. 

Once this original owner offering is wrapped up, I will be going through my collection for other items to offer, as I have identified two local GA piles that I am pursuing, so you may soon see another offering or two from me.

Thanks everyone and I hope you have had as much fun as I have with this original owner find. I've kept a handful of items, and sold a DD7 and a few JIM's and a TOS 48 privately, but there was fewer than 100 books total, so you have seen most of it. Between the date stamps and initials, these are pretty cool books. (Example initials below are from DD#6) Enjoy!

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Edited by Readcomix

All,
Here's the updated recap of what's gone/what's still available in this thread. (Also in the third post, 1st page, for your toggling convenience.) I'll probably close this by tomorrow night. Thanks everyone!

SOLD

DD #2, 3, 8, 9, 18

TTA #51, 52, 53, 54, 55, 58, 59, 60, 61, 65, 69

Strange Tales #116, 117, 124, 125, 129, 130, 135

Tales of Suspense #54, 55, 58

STILL AVAILABLE:

Daredevil 6 ($30) GVG

Kid Colt 121 ($20) VG+

TTA 49 GD ($50), 50 ($20), 56 ($10), 82 ($5) all GVG

The Atom (11-issue lot, various #2-21) -- $75 shipped for the lot; grades range poor to VG

Strange Tales 118, 120, 122 ($10 each); 131 all 4 GD; 133 FR/GD, 136 FR 1.0 ($5 each)

Journey into Mystery 102 VG ($100), 103 GD ($60)

Tales of Suspense 47 GD/GD+, 49 VG- ($60 each); 50 VG- ($75), 51 GVG ($30),  53 VG- ($40), 65 GD- ($15), 61 GVG; 63, 64, 67 ($10 each) all 3 GD-

Edited by Readcomix