• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comic slanted outside the inner well and corner dented.

4 posts in this topic

Man this is the 1st time I received a slab with a slanted comic inside that after gently tapping on the comic to centre it back to the inner well i see a dreaded dent on the back cover....what should I do now? ?

20170828_184527.jpg

20170828_184546.jpg

20170828_184550.jpg

20170828_184625.jpg

20170828_184923.jpg

20170828_185145.jpg

41 minutes ago, crazyhips1 said:

Classic Shaken Comic Syndrome.  Can you send it back?  Otherwise, if it non-color breaking you may be able to resubmit for a press and regrade (danger is that you may not get the same grade).  

Agreed, classic SCS. The trouble now with a press and resub the cost is on you.  I would have shipped it to CGC, as is with the slant, and put the onus on them to fix it. While I really like the new slabs, I think the books are tighter inside. The old trick of tapping the book into place can be dangerous and damage the book even more. 

Emailed CGC customer service about this,waiting for reply.This is the 1st time i had a comic slanted outside the inner well,which to me is a manufacturing defect on their part since the package must had bounced hard enough to cause it,but the outside surface of the slab is pristine.It was perfectly centred on the sale picture of the seller,i bought it from the marketplace here in the forum.

Will wait for CGC's reply and update on any options on this issue thanks for the advises guys.