• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

AS #1 CGC 6.5/X-Men #1 CGC 1.8 stolen
4 4

50 posts in this topic

A customer of mine bought an ASM 1 CGC 6.5 and X-men 1 CGC 1.8 from Comiclink and had them delivered yesterday, 8/28, by FedEx; the package required direct signature.  The FedEx driver did not get a signature from anyone at the residence (no one was home) and instead just dropped the package off on the stoop.  (I actually asked FedEx to reroute the package to a FedEx location to be held but the driver obviously didn't bring it there).  

My neighbor's video surveillance shows someone coming by 30 minutes later and tearing into the package to steal the comics. 

I am posting this for him from London.  I will post the scans of the books he sent me by tomorrow.  If anybody sees the books on eBay or a dealer is offered these books please let me know.

72nd Pct detective squad is investigating.  If folks see anything, they should call 718 965 6336

Thank you,
Bob 
Edited by blazingbob
Additional information

3 hours ago, blazingbob said:

There is also video but I'm not sure if I can post that.

You'll need to upload the video to a hosting site and then post the link here.

I'm not sure if this website has video hosting capability.

Is it worth stating which state the books were stolen from?

4 hours ago, blazingbob said:

A customer of mine bought an ASM 1 CGC 6.5 and X-men 1 CGC 1.8 from Comiclink and had them delivered yesterday, 8/28, by FedEx; the package required direct signature.  The FedEx driver did not get a signature from anyone at the residence (no one was home) and instead just dropped the package off on the stoop.  (I actually asked FedEx to reroute the package to a FedEx location to be held but the driver obviously didn't bring it there).  

My neighbor's video surveillance shows someone coming by 30 minutes later and tearing into the package to steal the comics. 

I am posting this for him from London.  I will post the scans of the books he sent me by tomorrow.  If anybody sees the books on eBay or a dealer is offered these books please let me know.

Thank you,
Bob 

Dang, sorry to hear this.  What in the world is with drivers that are supposed to get signatures?  Do they think that request is not important? doh!

FedEx is getting worse all the time.  They recently ignored a re-route request of mine and then dropped 4 boxes of window blinds at the end of my driveway in the rain, two wound up heavily damaged.  One big reason why all my comics get delivered to my office.

But it's a huge help that he has video, no reason FedEx shouldn't be held liable since the driver violated their procedures by not obtaining the required signature. 

This is why I have all packages delivered to my office now. I know that's not an option for everyone, but it's a great one if you can do it.

I hope this turns out well for all involved, and I hope the thief is caught and punished.

Edited by Mackenzie999

8 hours ago, blazingbob said:

Thank you,
Bob 

Bob, I had a similar situation.  Nuts and bolts...

Comiclink sent me a few higher end books.

Driver dropped them off at the house and no one was home.

Driver claims I signed for it.  (I was at work in Brooklyn)

Turns out the driver signed for it himself and dropped it off at the wrong house. 

Fed Ed didn't believe me at first.

Called up Comic Link.  They actually provided an assist with Fed Ex. 

Driver comes to my house complaining that I almost cost him his job.

The books were Superman 3 and Superman 57... 

I eventually got my books back. 

Call Comic Link as well.  They may have a louder voice with Fed Ex than us mere mortals. 

22 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Driver comes to my house complaining that I almost cost him his job.

Did you tell him, "Good - serves you right!"??

27 minutes ago, TheFifthHorseman said:

Sorry to hear this.

Getting sick of fedex. They do this ALL THE TIME

I thought FedEx had a cap on insurance?  Can an order like this be insured for its full value?  If not, I can see why they dump and run.

Sorry to hear this happened.  Also seems kind of odd someone came by 30 min after to go into the package?  Has this person had packages stolen before?  When you say video shows someone tearing into the box and taking the comics, do you mean he/she actually stayed on-site to do this instead of just taking the box and running?  Would seem odd if so...

Edited by s14roller

On 8/29/2017 at 0:48 PM, lizards2 said:

I thought FedEx had a cap on insurance?  Can an order like this be insured for its full value?  If not, I can see why they dump and run.

Yes there is a cap on FedEx insurance as I inquired about it a few years ago when I was trying to insure my Hulk 1 for delivery.  I can't remember exactly what the cap was but I know it's not that big, was quite surprised at that time how low the max insurance was.  Even USPS registered with a $25k max insurance was much more.