• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What do people think of indvidually graded pages?
2 2

63 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, LDarkseid1 said:

The first two wraps and the centerfold. Unfortunately none of those are out there :(.

So 6 pages total?

I have lots of them, but not sure which ones.   The ones I have, however, are single pages, not wraps, so I guess I am  not much help anyway.  Sorry...

If you piece out say an Action #1 or Tec #27, the hero pages are great but who would want most of the rest of the pages as single sheets? A centerfold sure, but a single sheet of one of the other stories???

And coverless comics are great. I was just over at a friends house who wanted to scan some early DC's for research and I brought a whole box full. It was nice to check them out and scan them without the fear of damage. The covers on most of them are pretty lame any way.

38 minutes ago, Hudson said:

So 6 pages total?

I have lots of them, but not sure which ones.   The ones I have, however, are single pages, not wraps, so I guess I am  not much help anyway.  Sorry...

No even single pages would be awesome. If you have any of the first 2 pages, the last 2 pages or the centerfold, than you would be a HUGE help!!! 

1 minute ago, LDarkseid1 said:

No even single pages would be awesome. If you have any of the first 2 pages, the last 2 pages or the centerfold, than you would be a HUGE help!!! 

Once you complete your Sup 1, are you going to combine the pages somehow or keep them separate? 

1 hour ago, Mackenzie999 said:

Once you complete your Sup 1, are you going to combine the pages somehow or keep them separate? 

Well my entire copy is attached to staples minus two pages and what I'm still missing. So once I complete it I'll likely just put the pages in the place they are supposed to go, but yeah keep them unattached and send it to CGC to be graded.

3 hours ago, LDarkseid1 said:

I think it's funny people believe that someone would detach pages to a major golden age book or any major key to sell independently. I'd say the likelihood anyone does something like that is slim to none, and I guarantee there is likely no proof of anyone doing it. I just think solo pages are out there as they were torn out many years before.

There have been people on the boards who have done this and discussed it openly.   Captain America #3 and at least 1 Amazing Fantasy #15.  I think in both cases they bought incomplete coverless copies to get the missing pages they needed for theirs and then pieced out the rest to recoup.

Not a fan of graded single pages.  Will never buy one for my collection no matter what it cost.  Like most, also against peeling away single pages of a whole book and sell the pages individually.  I've seen some pages sell for a lot more than practically half of the whole book or so just for monetary gains.  I despise people who practice this. Coverless comics are A-OK.

59 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

There have been people on the boards who have done this and discussed it openly.   Captain America #3 and at least 1 Amazing Fantasy #15.  I think in both cases they bought incomplete coverless copies to get the missing pages they needed for theirs and then pieced out the rest to recoup.

Oh wow, I guess I would just never do that!

On ‎8‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 3:10 PM, Brian Jaye said:

I recently picked up a page to Batman #1, and Action Comics #1.  I never thought I would just buy one page to any comic, but these two issues are a little out of my price range complete.  Has anyone else just bought a page?  I am excited to own a piece of both of these comics honestly.  I Look forward to hearing what you have to say.

Brian

what pages did you acquire?  Personally, I'm interested in 3 single slabbed pages (would have to be unrestored as well)

1.  Action Comics #1  pg 1 (origin page)

2.  Action Comics #1 pg 5 (cover swipe)

3.  Detective Comics #27 pg 3 (large panel with The Batman in picture and text)

2 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

what pages did you acquire?  Personally, I'm interested in 3 single slabbed pages (would have to be unrestored as well)

Here's my near complete copy of Superman 1 and my favorite page from it.

IMG_6418.JPG

IMG_6495.JPG

Edited by LDarkseid1

3 hours ago, Dark Knight said:

Not a fan of graded single pages.  Will never buy one for my collection no matter what it cost.  Like most, also against peeling away single pages of a whole book and sell the pages individually.  I've seen some pages sell for a lot more than practically half of the whole book or so just for monetary gains.  I despise people who practice this. Coverless comics are A-OK.

These books will never be in my price range, so it was my only chance to own a piece of them.

35 minutes ago, Chicago Boy said:

I got page 23 of Action #1, and page 6 of Superman #1.  I saw that page 7 of Superman #1 cost a couple thousand, and that was too much for me.

I will post a picture of the Action One page I bought tomorrow.  Here are the two other pages I picked up.  I bought them this way.  I did not, nor would never grade an individual page.  I would grade a coverless comic though.

SUperman 1.jpg

Batman 1.jpg

Edited by Brian Jaye

6 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I would do just about anything to get a Tec 27, even just a page.

I feel the same way, I just wanted to own a piece of history.  It will be cool to have even a slab that says Action Comics #1 in my display.  :)

8 hours ago, Robot Man said:

If you piece out say an Action #1 or Tec #27, the hero pages are great but who would want most of the rest of the pages as single sheets? A centerfold sure, but a single sheet of one of the other stories???

And coverless comics are great. I was just over at a friends house who wanted to scan some early DC's for research and I brought a whole box full. It was nice to check them out and scan them without the fear of damage. The covers on most of them are pretty lame any way.

I bought a later page from Action #1, it was mostly because it was my only opportunity to afford a piece of history.  I wish I could have got one with Superman on it too.

55 minutes ago, oakman29 said:

I would do just about anything to get a Tec 27, even just a page.

Have you seen the one that's up for auction in the comicconnect auction?

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=727870

im very curious to see what this will go for given that a large portion of the book is reproductions 

Edited by Ryanfromottawa

23 minutes ago, Ryanfromottawa said:

Have you seen the one that's up for auction in the comicconnect auction?

http://www.comicconnect.com/bookDetail.php?id=727870

im very curious to see what this will go for given that a large portion of the book is reproductions 

Hmm, cover, 1st, 2nd, 3rd wraps and centerfold is certainly a good portion of the comic. That still leaves a lot of the book though I believe that is original. I'll say it sells for about $25K, give or take several thousand.

Edited by LDarkseid1

Just now, LDarkseid1 said:

Hmm, cover, 1st, 2nd, 3rd wraps and centerfold is certainly a good portion of the comic. That still leaves a lot of the book though I believe. I'll say it sells for about $25K, give or take several thousand.

I was a player right up to $3500 lol, also on the auction are coverless captain America comics 1, and superman 1. It s tempting to go after cap 1 and begin the quest for a cover