• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Kansas City Comic Con - November 10-12, 2017

21 posts in this topic

I'll be setting up at Air Capital in Wichita that weekend. There is also now a Wizard show down the road in Springtield, MO scheduled for that weekend too. It'll be interesting to see how all these shows do.

Edited by mysterio

As far as KC, I wish some medium/large size show would go back to Overland Park. I know downtown is cool, rad, groovy and totally hipster dood, but the last thing I want after paying $25 or so to look is to mess with midtown parking. I know I'm just a grouch though.

Edited by Silver Ager

I agree.  The overhead for a downtown show is just too much for me to sign on for more than once a year.  With Planet being the established show, I go with them.  I can't make it to this year's KCCC, but I'm still waiting for a guest announcement that will make me sad that I can't be there.  

20 minutes ago, D Stuart said:

I agree.  The overhead for a downtown show is just too much for me to sign on for more than once a year.  With Planet being the established show, I go with them.  I can't make it to this year's KCCC, but I'm still waiting for a guest announcement that will make me sad that I can't be there.  

I went during their first year, and I didn't feel like I got value out of a $30 Sunday ticket. It was a good enough show, and I got to do plenty of box diving and had fun, but I can't say the show really impressed me. Planet is the much larger show and more of a "destination show" to me now that I have seen them both.

On 10/17/2017 at 12:54 PM, punksdropdirtysrh said:

Definitely going to be there now...wondering why they haven’t updated their website yet with this announcement.

They posted it on their FB page . . . though for some that does not help.

Any one out there hit this show yesterday or today? I am looking to go tomorrow but I am hoping for plenty of SA material to look through including early ASM. My son wants used trades and $1 boxes. He's reading a lot of books lately. Any intel is appreciated. It's $50 just to get in the door for the two of us. 

From a fan standpoint, I had a great time.  The celebrity lineup wasn't even a draw for us, with the exception of the rare Midwest appearance by Kevin Smith.  The creator talent was excellent, especially for a show this size.  I was happily surprised when Kevin Smith popped into the scheduled Green Arrow panel with Phil Hester and Ande Parks, and he was gracious enough to pose for photos and sign a few things afterward for the modest crowd that attended the panel.  I got my Green Arrow : Quiver hardcover/slipcased edition signed there on the spot.  

Also, got a chance to meet sfrenchenterprises at his CGC booth.  Got some Batman 24s signed by Finch, a Star Wars 1 by Jason Aaron, and had a sketch cover by Adelso Corona witnessed/graded.  He also hooked me up with a 2nd copy of the Green Arrow: Quiver book signed by Smith/Hester/Parks.

Edited by celluloidbuff