• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Comiconxion's 4th Quarterly Comic Art Sale - September 9th @ 9AM PT/12PM ET

12 posts in this topic

I wanted to make a formal announcement about this quarter’s sale date and give you a preview of items in this 4th quarterly sale.  When I started these out last November, the intent was do a full year of these sales and offer 100 different pieces over the course of the year that were fresh to the market.  With the first 75 released, the response has been great I’m happy to say with about half of the items being sold within the initial offering period each quarter.  Thanks to all of you, especially to those who wait patiently to see the listings when I first post them.   

First, the date/time that I’ll be listing this quarter’s sale will be 9AM PT/12PM ET on Saturday September 9th.   I figured that it would be best to do after the US Labor Day holiday as some people may be out on vacation that weekend.   But, I've also heard that Comic Art Con going on that day.  So, if you're attending, use that Smart Phone to check in or check in after the event!  If you're not going, then you can look forward to tuning in live for this event.

Again, I’ll be listing 25 lots – I start listing them at 9AM PT and will list them one by one on my Comic Art Fans (CAF) site until all 25 lots are listed (which typically takes one hour).  For those Cerebus fans, we’ll continue to deliver some great pages to add to your collection and I’ve saved some of the best for last!  In this sale, we have pages from Church & State, Women, Minds, Form & Void as well the Last Day! 

Also in this sale you’ll find:
·       A Smile of the Absent Cat page by Gerhard & Grant Morrison from Heavy Metal
·       A painted 1980's Nexus cover
·       An American Flagg painted splash page by Mike Vosburg & Howard Chaykin
·       A painted Sisterhood of Steel cover by Mike Vosburg
·       A Frank Frazetta Johnny Comet Daily
·       A Transformers Limited Series page by Frank Springer
·       The most important piece of Elementals art by Bill Willingham that has ever been offered in recent years
·       A vintage Michael Golden Marvel Fanfare page
·       A classic 1991 John Romita Sr. #1 cover featuring this first Marvel appearance of an iconic character from the 1950’s!
·       Art for 2 complete Fish Police stories by Steve Moncuse you never knew existed!
·       Some high quality Mike Zeck pieces including a nice Punisher, Deathstroke, and Zeck/Zimelman painting as well as some more affordable sketches
·       Some great Herb Trimpe pieces which I had purchased from his personal collection
·       A page from the 1st Punisher solo magazine from 1975 in which the Punisher’s origin is told for the first time
·       The only surviving pages from the first issue of Stig’s Inferno by Ty Templeton (many were lost in a tragic washing machine accident)

Here’s the link to my CAF site where I’ll be listing the pieces.

The sale will run through Saturday, September 30th.

Also, I've brought back items from previous sales that didn't sell at reduced prices.    If you were eyeing something, the price should now be right (if not send me a note and we can discuss)!

Will this be the last Comiconxion quarterly sale?... Well, I do want to do something to continue to offer some great items to fellow collectors so stay tuned… I’m sure I’ll come up with some fun things to do!
Edited by comiconxion

I just wanted to remind folks that tomorrow is the big day... the sale will start at 9AM PT/12PM ET.  Once I've finished listing all the items, I'll publish the complete list of items here. 

Please click on this link to see pieces:

http://www.comicartfans.com/galleryroom.asp?gsub=179126

And, if you're interested in something, drop me an e-mail at comiconxion@hotmail.com.  In the case that two people want the same item, I use the e-mail time stamp to determine the winner.  

And, I guarantee that there are at least a few items that will sell within minutes of them being listed.  I try to price to sell!

I just finished posting all the items in this quarter’s Comiconxion 25 Every Quarter Sale.  Below is a summary of all the art that was posted to my CAF site which can be viewed through the following link:

To order, please drop me an e-mail at comiconxion@hotmail.com.  I will process orders based on the time stamp – so the sooner you contact me, the better.

If you’re interested in something, but feel the price is too high, please feel free to make me an offer.  After two days have passed since the initial posting, I’ll be happy to consider offers.   

Also, remember that I try to make it easier by offering time payment options:

- Orders between $1000-3000, you can take up to 3 months to pay.

- Orders over $3000, you can take up to 6 months to pay.

Priority Shipping is $15 within the US.  Insurance and International shipping would be additional. Cerebus pages start at $45 shipped worldwide. 

List of Items from September 9, 2017 Sale:

1.     Barbie Fashion #1 Cover JOHN ROMITA SR. – $2,000

2.     Cerebus #85 Page 1 DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Church & State)  - $2500 (famous Mick Jagger interlude & a splash) (SOLD)

3.     Cerebus #169 Page 7 DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Mothers & Daughters/Women) - $1000

4.     Cerebus #188 Page 8 DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Mothers & Daughters/Minds) - $2000 (SOLD)

5.     Cerebus #261 Page 18 DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Going Home/Form & Void) - $1300

6.     Cerebus #293 Page 7 DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Latter Days/The Last Day) - $1,600 (SOLD)

7.     Deathstroke the Terminator Graphitti T-Shirt Design (Homage to Punisher #3 Cover) MIKE ZECK - $7,500

8.     Heavy Metal #283 Smile of the Absent Cat Chapter 1 Page 1 GERHARD & GRANT MORRISON - $700

9.     Firehawks Cover HERB TRIMPE - $500

10.  Fish Police Vol. 2 #1 & 2 Complete Books with Extra #3 Cover (Unpublished) STEVE MONCUSE - $2,750

11.  Howard Chaykin’s American Flagg (Vol. 2) #4 Painted Splash Page MIKE VOSBURG & HOWARD CHAYKIN - $500 (SOLD)

12.  Johnny Comet Daily 11-14-1952 FRANK FRAZETTA - $3,500

13.  Justice Machine Annual #1 Elementals Inside Back Cover  & 1st Promo Poster Art WILLINGHAM & BILL ANDERSON - $6,500

14.  Marvel Fanfare #4 Deathlok Story Page 3 MICHAEL GOLDEN & BOB DOWNS - $2,250

15.  Marvel Preview #2 Page 27 (1st Solo Punisher) TONY DEZUNIGA - $2,250

16.  MIKE ZECK Remarqued Artists Edition AP with Full Figure Captain America Sketch - $350 (SOLD)

17.  Nexus Legends #11 Painted Cover MIKE VOSBURG - $500

18.  1980’s Ninja Sketch “The Hand” MIKE ZECK - $350

19.  Opposition to the War Illustration HERB TRIMPE - $150 (SOLD)

20.  Punisher Cover Quality Pin-up & Website Art (1999) MIKE ZECK & JOHN BEATTY - $5,000

21.  Savage Tales #2 Page 23 HERB TRIMPE - $250 (SOLD)

22.  Sisterhood of Steel #3 Painted Cover MIKE VOSBURG - $500 (ON HOLD)

23.  Stig’s Inferno #1 Lot of Six Pages TY TEMPLETON - $1,500

24.  Transformers #3 Page 8 FRANK SPRINGER & KIM DEMULDER (Black Spidey Issue) - $800

25.  Ultimate Super-Villains Cover Painting MIKE ZECK & PHIL ZIMELMAN - $2,750 (SOLD)

Edited by comiconxion

Adding pics for some of my personal favorites which are still available:

• Cerebus #85 Page 1 DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Church & State) ($2500)  - The splash page in which Cerebus stumbles upon Mick Jagger - even the lettering is cool!
  • Nexus Legends #11 Painted Cover MIKE VOSBURG ($500) - That's a large sized colorful painted cover from 1990 for only $500.  Frankly, I'm surprised this one didn't sell right away.
  • Deathstroke the Terminator Graphitti T-Shirt Design MIKE ZECK ($7,500) - If you've every wanted a nice Zeck Deathstroke cover, Punisher portfolio plate and/or the cover the Punisher #3, you have them rolled into one with this piece.  On larger illustration board, this piece is a portfolio quality piece!
  • Johnny Comet Daily 11-14-1952 FRANK FRAZETTA ($3,500)  This piece has a lot of things you'd want in a Frazetta (including a girl) for a bargain price. 
  • Marvel Fanfare #4 Deathlok Story Page 3 MICHAEL GOLDEN & BOB DOWNS ($2,250) - You don't see a lot of vintage Michael Golden on the market and I've had this piece for years.  Published in 1982, but penciled by  Golden in 1977. 
  • Justice Machine Annual #1 Elementals Inside Back Cover  & 1st Promo Poster Art BILL WILLINGHAM & BILL ANDERSON ($6,500) - This piece is HUGE (4x the size of modern art) & is the piece that Willingham used to shop around the concept of the Elementals team.  It saw publication in plenty of places.  The only things that would rival this as an Elementals piece would be the cover to #1 or Justice Machine Annual #1 and they'd be at least twice as much if they were available.

Cerebus85p1.jpg

Nexus_Legends11_Cover.jpg

Deathstroke_Tshirt_Zeck.jpg

Frazetta daily 1952-11-14 lrg.jpg

Marvel_Fanfare4p23.jpg

Elementals_Ad_Willingham.jpg

As this is the last week of the sale, I have lowered the prices on all items from this sale as well as some from previous sales.  Some have been majorly marked down so it's worth a look, especially if you were on the edge of buying something.  The sale ends on Saturday September 30th so don't hesitate to reach out if you want something.  Here's a revised list of items that are available as well as revised pricing:

1. Barbie Fashion #1 Cover JOHN ROMITA SR. - Was $2,000; Now $1,500 Framed

2. Cerebus #169 Page 7 DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Mothers & Daughters/Women) - Was $1000; Now $700

3. Cerebus #261 Page 18 DAVE SIM & GERHARD (Going Home/Form & Void) - Was $1300; Now $1,000

4. Deathstroke the Terminator Graphitti T-Shirt Design (Homage to Punisher #3 Cover) MIKE ZECK - Was $7,500: Now $5,000

5. Heavy Metal #283 Smile of the Absent Cat Chapter 1 Page 1 GERHARD & GRANT MORRISON - Was $700; Now $600

6. Firehawks Cover HERB TRIMPE - Was $500; Now $350

7. Fish Police Vol. 2 #1 & 2 Complete Books with Extra #3 Cover (Unpublished) STEVE MONCUSE - Was $2,750; Now $2,000/Complete Books & Covers

8. Johnny Comet Daily 11-14-1952 FRANK FRAZETTA - Was $3,500; Now $3,250

9. Justice Machine Annual #1 Elementals Inside Back Cover  & 1st Promo Poster Art WILLINGHAM & BILL ANDERSON - Was $6,500; Now $5,000

10. Marvel Fanfare #4 Deathlok Story Page 3 MICHAEL GOLDEN & BOB DOWNS - Was $2,250; Now $2,000

11. Marvel Preview #2 Page 27 (1st Solo Punisher) TONY DEZUNIGA - Was $2,250; Now $2,000

12. Nexus Legends #11 Painted Cover MIKE VOSBURG - Was $500; Now $450

13. 1980’s Ninja Sketch “The Hand” MIKE ZECK - Was $350; Now $275

14. Punisher Cover Quality Pin-up & Website Art (1999) MIKE ZECK & JOHN BEATTY - Was $5,000; Now $4,500

15. Stig’s Inferno #1 Lot of Six Pages TY TEMPLETON - Was $1,500; Now $1,200

16. Transformers Limited Series #3 Page 8 FRANK SPRINGER & KIM DEMULDER (Black Spidey Issue) - Was $800; Now $650

Additional Items:

17. Fish Police #7 Complete Book with Covers & SAM KEITH Pinup STEVE MONCUSE - Now $2,000/Complete Book

18. G.I. Joe TCG Cobra Commander Painted Card Art MIKE S. MILLER & DAVID MICHAEL BECK - Now $450

19. Punisher Limited Series #3 Pages 1, 2 & 4 MIKE ZECK & JOHN BEATTY - Now $5,500/Lot of 3 Pages

20. Lot of 8 Tales from the Crypt HBO TV Show Cover Prelims MIKE VOSBURG - Now $700/Lot of 8 Cover Prelims

21. Marvel Preview #2 Page 23 (1st Solo Punisher & Origin Issue) TONY DEZUNIGA - Now $1,500

22. Punisher Limited Series #5 Pages 11, 12 & 14 MIKE VOSBURG & JOHN BEATTY - Now $1,250/Lot of 3 Pages

23. Transformers Limited Series #2 Pages 8 & 9 FRANK SPRINGER & KIM DEMULDER (Adapted for 1st Movie) - Now $1,250/Lot of 2 Pages

24. Transformers Limited Series #3 Page 17 FRANK SPRINGER & KIM DEMULDER (Black Spidey App.) - Now $1,250

25. Uncanny X-Men #287 Page 17 ROMITA JR. & WILLIAMS (Bishop Joins X-Men) - Now $500

All can be seen here: