• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

OAFCON -- October 6-7, 2018
1 1

64 posts in this topic

On 10/8/2017 at 8:02 AM, mysterio said:

Two weeks away!

Hard to believe it has been for 50 years although I am unsure if there was one every year.  I went to my first in the mid to late 70s.  

No admission fee this year although the previous $5 admission wasn't a wallet breaker.  

Attended OAFCON earlier today (Saturday 10/21/17) and was thrilled to once again experience a REAL comic book convention. Bart and the crew outdid themselves this year, with what appears to be double the floor space of the past few events. 

Many of the top dealers from Oklahoma are there, along with a variety of names from across the country. All comic book eras are well represented. You'll also find original art, Big Little Books, pulps, premiums and more. The selection is mind boggling, and the room is full of some of America's top longtime collectors, happily discussing their passion. 

Admission this year is FREE, in celebration of the Oklahoma Alliance of Fandom's 50th anniversary. If you are tired of the "celebrity & costume" events with hardly any comics and are anywhere within driving distance of Norman OK, get to OAFCON Sunday (10/22) from 10 am to 6 pm. http://oafcon2017.blogspot.com/ 

Finally got back to OAF this year, and I can say without fear of exaggeration that this was the most fun comic show I've been to in the past thirty years. Cool, obscure, eclectic stuff -- not this cookie-cutter cra-p that infects most corporate comic shows. Not just old school, OAF is full of the teachers that taught "old school." I told Bart I thought OAF was the sincere pumpkin patch of comic-book shows.

I'll be back next year.

1 hour ago, BitterOldMan said:

if the dates are Oct 6-7, 2018, then the event runs on the same days as 2018 NYCC.  I attended OAFCON 2017 and had a blast, except for the tornado.

As some of us say here in Oklahoma, any tornado that doesn't kill you is a good one!

I don't have FB, can anybody provide dates for this? I'm local to Oklahoma and would like to attend.

Sorry, just not noticed the dates on this actual thread listing. If I recall, Wizard World is coming October 2018 also, although I believe that's at the end of the month. 2 shows in one month will be awesome! My poor wallet!

Edited by iggykoopa

1 hour ago, entalmighty1 said:

How set in stone are these dates?  Hoping to buy my plane ticket soon.  Rates are dirt cheap at the moment.

Those are the dates posted. That’s all I’ve got. 

1 hour ago, iggykoopa said:

I don't have FB, can anybody provide dates for this? I'm local to Oklahoma and would like to attend.

Sorry, just not noticed the dates on this actual thread listing. If I recall, Wizard World is coming October 2018 also, although I believe that's at the end of the month. 2 shows in one month will be awesome! My poor wallet!

Dates are in the title. Their Facebook page is public, anyone can click the link whether you have an account or not.