• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Ends tonight 11pm eastern!!! Another Auction for a Children's Charity!! ENDS 9/7!! Thanos Quest CGC!!

11 posts in this topic

BACKGROUND

So, as many of you know, my parked car was involved in a hit and run.  I held a contest in CG to see if anyone could guess the repair estimate or the salvage value (pretty fun thread, check the link below).

Autobody Appraisal Contest!!

HEMIGTX of Minnesota guessed EXACTLY RIGHT :whatthe: and was awarded the prize of a Captain Atom run (1-45).  He has graciously asked me to donate the comics to a children's charity.  Boardie Comicsyte95 won the resulting auction here (auction ended last week, see link below): 

Captain Atom 1-45 Auction for Kids WON by Comicsyte95

Now AN ANONYMOUS BOARDIE enjoyed the last auction so much, they've asked me to host another auction for the same cause.  So we're having an auction here, and the proceeds will go directly to the Valley Children's Hospital in Fresno, CA, my hometown.  I was treated for asthma issues multiple times in my youth at that hospital, and it serves a large metro area and rural areas surrounding the city. 

:rulez: Please read the rules carefully.

Bidding Increments must be whole dollar amounts.

Donations should be made directly to the Valley Children's Hospital (I'm pretty sure donations are tax deductible, you should read the website yourself and/or contact your CPA to be sure), see link below

Donate Money to Valley Children's Hospital

Please send me a picture or copy of the receipt (and your address) after you donate, and then the anonymous donor will send you the comics.

The ANONYMOUS BOARDIE  will also ADDITIONALLY DONATE 50% of whatever the winning bid is.

Auction Ends at 11pm Eastern on Thursday, September, 2017.  So whatever the highest bid is when the clock strikes 11, that's the winner.

Shipping is FREE in the Continental US.  If you are elsewhere, you must send me shipping money via paypal IN ADDITION to the donation you make to the hospital.

If you have questions about individual issues, let me know and I'll do my best (well maybe not my best, but I'll make an effort) to answer.

No Returns

DO NOT EDIT YOUR BID POSTS.

Comics

Starting Minimum Bid: $1,   Minimum Bid Increment: $1,    Buy-it-Now Price: $125

Thanos Quest 1 2nd Print CGC 9.6 and Thanos Quest 2 2nd Print CGC 9.2

If you're looking to fill in your collection before the movies really heat these up....

DSC05192.JPG

DSC05193.JPG

DSC05194.JPG

DSC05195.JPG

Edited by revat

I'm aware your donation dollars are especially valuable in these trying times so we graciously thank you for any and all support.  Feel free to let any friends know about this auction as well.

Labor day bump for this auction.  Lets get some bids folks!

This Auction ends tomorrow night (Thurs).

If you're in a giving mood as many of us are these days, here's a great chance to get a couple cool Thanos slabs AND help out some sick kids.  Bidding is still pretty low, so your odds are pretty good still.

Couple hours left! Get your final bids in! It's charity!

On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2017 at 7:12 PM, lonetree said:

$20

apparently, you have won this auction.  helluva deal. Thanks for playing.  Looks like Grebal will post an additional $20 donation to match yours, and the anonymous donor will also match 50% for a $10 donation.

PM incoming.

Gave my copies of Thanos Quest to a friend flying home to NY, and considered buying these to replace - but they're Second Editions, and it would be silly to crack these out to read (waste of all the money given to CGC to slab them) so decided not to bid - here's the e-receipt for my matching 20.

Edited by grebal

47 minutes ago, lonetree said:

Wow - was not expecting to win.  Made a donation for $50 and sent receipt to Revat.

Spoiler
Spoiler

^^