• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What books are increasing in value other than AF15?
2 2

76 posts in this topic

55 minutes ago, Knightsofold said:

Are there silver age keys (top 20) that are NOT increasing?

Just seems like AF15 has taken such a front stage we don't here much about what is going on with other books in the SA. Is X-Men #1 increasing? How about Hulk 1 seems like stupid questions but with all the focus on AF15 in the last year I truly have no idea what is going on with the other key books. Based on the current asking prices on ComicLink I don't see much difference between now and 2 years ago except for AF15.

Edited by SC22

8 hours ago, Readcomix said:

How about Tec 359 and (though it's early bronze) HOS 92? At least in my anecdotal observation, they both seem on the move.

'Tec 359, Action 252, Hawkman 4, Batman 181, B&B 60, etc. All the DC Girls of the SA have done quite well over the last year of two.

55 minutes ago, blazingbob said:

Absolutely.  Let somebody else do all the hard work and then you should share that information out for free because you are such a nice guy.  This thread reminds me of the emails I get from potential customers who will only buy a book if it is upgradeable.  Hmmmm.  Let me get this straight.  You want a discount on a book that if I got upgraded myself I could make more money on?  Yup,  here they are.

:roflmao:   Human Beings are a strange lot. 

50 minutes ago, Gotham Kid said:

Strange Tales 110. Buy all of them. In all grades. No matter the price. Hoard them like tomorrow is the last day.

You heard it here first.

Getting back into comics about a year ago after a 25-30 year break, I did this very thing: Bought a ST 110 cause the movie is coming out, blah, blah, blah.

I'm glad to have as I like Ditko's work on that book a whole lot, but more then over paid for it and then some.  It's a 3.5 and looks it. 

Just found the receipt. Book priced at $1,400. Bought it for $1,300 in 9/2016. Let me check GPA and see if I'm rich yet. :banana:

Edited by NoMan

1 hour ago, NoMan said:

I'm not rich yet.  Actually kinda losen' money. :sorry:

ditto. i did the same thing, and sold it for a small loss last year so i could get a tos39 instead. strange tales 110 will probably do fine in the long run, but it's one of those rare key 1st appearance books where the character isnt on the cover. i think that has really affected peoples' interest in the book, and helps explain why doctor strange 169 and 1 have done better. 

2 hours ago, blazingbob said:

And when posts are made to a forum board does anybody besides me think that after reading years and years of Overstreet dealer market reports that maybe those "forum experts" might be a little biased in what they recommend?  Sorry,  I always question the guys throwing out value when I know they own copies.     

totally agree with this! just wanted to say, in defense of some folks who write market reports in overstreet, that some of the better ones have shared valuable insights on what books would be good investments. i.e. a couple dealers mentioned getting into wonder woman about 5 years ago, and boy were they correct, from an investment standpoint. 

9 hours ago, blazingbob said:

So Comiclink is your choice for a reflection of the comic market?  Hmmmm.

No just one of the online auction houses I follow. I am not at conventions so I have limited information to base myself on that is why I am asking this question. Gator told me JIM83 (said it was up 50% in the last 6 months in certain grades) is doing very well and a few others as well but I don't see this reflected in the auction houses I follow. I trust Gator but it is nice to see where are these books selling for so much more.

Edited by SC22

21 hours ago, SC22 said:

What books have been going up I got the sens that only AF15 was doing so in the last 1 to 2 years? I seem to be wrong so I would like peoples input.

Do you look at the markets at all?

All keys have been on fire. There isn't a key book that isn't heating up.

5 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Please post more details about those books like the grades and percentages if you don't mind? When I look at ComicLink for example a lot of Hulk 1's just sit there and the same can be said for some other key books.

Edited by SC22

16 minutes ago, SC22 said:

No just one of the online auction houses I follow. I am not at conventions so I have limited information to base myself on that is why I am asking this question. Gator told me JIM83 (said it was up 50% in the last 6 months in certain grades) is doing very well and a few others as well but I don't see this reflected in the auction houses I follow. I trust Gator but it is nice to see where are these books selling for so much more.

Please don't misquote me. 

I said some books like asm1, ff1 , tos39 , Jim 83 are selling upto 50% higher in some grades this year vs last year

i never told anyone Jim 83 was selling 50% more  

one  example is asm1 in 6.0. Sold 8700 last year, 13k+ this year. 

A second example ff1 in 5.5 sold 8900 last year and 14k+ this year. 

Edited by G.A.tor

6 hours ago, blazingbob said:

This thread reminds me of the emails I get from potential customers who will only buy a book if it is upgradeable.  Hmmmm.  Let me get this straight.  You want a discount on a book that if I got upgraded myself I could make more money on?  Yup,  here they are.

Do you actually have customers ask if a book is upgradeable before buying it? lol

3 minutes ago, SC22 said:
9 minutes ago, VintageComics said:

Please post more details about those books like the grades and percentages if you don't mind?

See blazingbob's post above.

And here's a flower - :foryou: