• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Secret Empire #0-10

11 posts in this topic

Pffffffffffftttttttttttttt............Finished reading it.  Glad that's over.  

So when exactly did Steve Rogers become a Hydra Agent?  I know it was during the Avengers Stand Off mini series, and the Pleasant Hill shut down, but which issue #?  

captain-america-fail-2.jpg

20 minutes ago, aerischan said:

Captain America: Sam Wilson #7

Ok, so that was published March 2016.  So Hydra Cap was dormant in 
Steve Rogers until May 2016 (Steve Rogers Captain America issue #1), or roughly 3 months.   

Sound right? 

5 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Ok, so that was published March 2016.  So Hydra Cap was dormant in 
Steve Rogers until May 2016 (Steve Rogers Captain America issue #1), or roughly 3 months.   

Sound right? 

I guess? I just read Standoff via Marvel Unlimited and only got started on Steve Rogers during the Black Friday comiXology sales, iirc. :shy:

1 hour ago, combiner1 said:

So there were really no permanent changes, is there?? Everything got reset by the cosmic cube girl, I think she even brought back Blackwidow. 

Is Hudra-cap still kicking around??

Not sure.  I was trying to figure out how long Hydra Cap was doing good deeds until it was revealed he was supposedly Hydra, (before his Steve Rogers Captain America #1 issue).   Black Widow I think is still dead, and Kobik didn't undo all the damage done, she just pulled good Cap back into the time stream.  I am sure more will come out with the next Secret Empire installment, which I will NOT be buying.  The 'luxury' of the Cosmic Cube (or Speed Force) to a writer, is that you can royally screw up the Universe, but then just pull out the Cube and say....UNDO, and it's like nothing happened.  Pretty lazy writing if you ask me. 

1 hour ago, Juno Beach said:

I couldn't figure out if Black Widow is alive or not. The newest Previews has her on the cover of some book (can't remember which one offhand).

Iceman (AUG17 Previews) and Mighty Captain Marvel (SEP17 Previews). For Iceman, she's specifically mentioned in the solicit (original Champions reunion).

As a Black Widow fan, the confusion regarding her current status is annoying. Supposedly, that panel with Rick, Tasha and Las Vegas is a symbolism of the things that Kobik didn't restore. They even showed her funeral. However, the solicits for upcoming issues are pretty contradictory.

I dunno if this is gonna be similar to Bucky's "death" in Fear Itself and whether I should preorder Iceman or not.

DQ2AJ2z.jpg

Edited by aerischan

2 hours ago, aerischan said:

As a Black Widow fan, the confusion regarding her current status is annoying. Supposedly, that panel with Rick, Tasha and Las Vegas is a symbolism of the things that Kobik didn't restore. They even showed her funeral.

Yes, that is what I saw, and figured she wasn't returned to the order. 

Also the whole Mjolnir reveal seemed incredibly cheap. Cap could raise it because it was changed from "worthy" to "strongest" and the power from Thor to "Hydra". What the heck is the power of Hydra? I was wondering how Nick Spenser would explain that since CWII 0.  

3 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

Also the whole Mjolnir reveal seemed incredibly cheap. Cap could raise it because it was changed from "worthy" to "strongest" and the power from Thor to "Hydra". What the heck is the power of Hydra? I was wondering how Nick Spenser would explain that since CWII 0.  

I think Spencer did a lot of back tracking/rewriting in his story, due to the social media outburst this whole thing received (I have no proof of this, just the odd pre and post interviews they did with various news outlets).  He probably confused himself along the way.