• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The mighty thor #700

10 posts in this topic

Guessing it'll be the "death" of Jane Foster and the return of Odinson as Thor.  Unfortunately, deaths don't seem to mean much to Marvel these days since characters inevitably come back.  Heck, I'm surprised Wolverine has stayed dead this long.  (and if it's any sort of comparison, Death of Wolverine #4 is selling on eBay for $7.  Less if you buy the full series).  So will it be key?  Depends on the definition of key, but if a character does die (and warrants CGC labelling the issue as such), then I guess it'll be key.  Doesn't necessarily mean it's something to buy 20 issues of and sell on eBay.  at least that's my guess.

57 minutes ago, ExNihilo said:

Guessing it'll be the "death" of Jane Foster and the return of Odinson as Thor.  Unfortunately, deaths don't seem to mean much to Marvel these days since characters inevitably come back.  Heck, I'm surprised Wolverine has stayed dead this long.  (and if it's any sort of comparison, Death of Wolverine #4 is selling on eBay for $7.  Less if you buy the full series).  So will it be key?  Depends on the definition of key, but if a character does die (and warrants CGC labelling the issue as such), then I guess it'll be key.  Doesn't necessarily mean it's something to buy 20 issues of and sell on eBay.  at least that's my guess.

I don't sell I slab for personal enjoyment.

On 9/1/2017 at 8:51 PM, JcomicJ said:

coming in October is a new story arc called death of the mighty thor key issue? 

Thor Odinson is the only Thor that matters.  If that doesn't convince you, do a search of Captain America 25, come back, and decide if you still want to ask the question.

5 hours ago, FineCollector said:

Thor Odinson is the only Thor that matters.  If that doesn't convince you, do a search of Captain America 25, come back, and decide if you still want to ask the question.

I'm starting a speculation conversation but let's suck the fun out of it before it even gets to that point. 

51 minutes ago, JcomicJ said:

I'm starting a speculation conversation but let's suck the fun out of it before it even gets to that point. 

He's trying to tell you that it's difficult to predict whether it's worthy of being speculative in the hopes of making a few bucks on the book.  Captain America #25 was the death of Captain America and per eBay is currently selling for $5 raw.  Slabbed copies are going for about $40.  Essentially it's going for just about cover price.  Based on that, it's fair to assume that Thor #700 won't be worth more than the cover even if Jane Foster (or even if Odinson) dies.

Then again, you have books like Totally Awesome Hulk #22 taking the aftermarket by storm and selling for $50.  I think it's fair to say no one saw that happening.  Then again, it's also fair to say that price might come down in the future depending on how the character of Weapon H is handled over the next 10 years.  It's all hit or miss depending on what becomes popular and/or well regarded.

1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

He's trying to tell you that it's difficult to predict whether it's worthy of being speculative in the hopes of making a few bucks on the book.  Captain America #25 was the death of Captain America and per eBay is currently selling for $5 raw.  Slabbed copies are going for about $40.  Essentially it's going for just about cover price.  Based on that, it's fair to assume that Thor #700 won't be worth more than the cover even if Jane Foster (or even if Odinson) dies.

Then again, you have books like Totally Awesome Hulk #22 taking the aftermarket by storm and selling for $50.  I think it's fair to say no one saw that happening.  Then again, it's also fair to say that price might come down in the future depending on how the character of Weapon H is handled over the next 10 years.  It's all hit or miss depending on what becomes popular and/or well regarded.

I understand that but his wording seemed to say the opposite. But the fun is the speculation of "what if"

2 hours ago, JcomicJ said:

I understand that but his wording seemed to say the opposite. But the fun is the speculation of "what if"

It's not fun sitting on books that you can't even sell for what you paid for them. If you just want it for your PC it doesn't matter much.

59 minutes ago, FineCollector said:

I am definitely no fun, but I'll play along.  Omigod, Thor 700 is going to be the roxxors!  Let's all buy 50 copies, they'll all be 9.8s, and we're going to sell them for huge money!  *squee!*

from every response you make, you literally the worst kind of person to communicate with just on first impressions its pretty bad.