• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatever became of Alan Light?
2 2

88 posts in this topic

On October 3, 2017 at 4:43 PM, Senormac said:

I think he really HAS gone on to better things and is probably making a lot more $$$ too. Unless he had a collection of books somewhere he probably does not have too much interest in the past.  Oh sure.... we would all love it, but I guess it's unlikely

still it is or was a big part of his life...we will never know I guess

Thanks for the post Alan! Good to see you are looking good and doing well. 

TGB was a HUGE part of my early years as a collector. It brought together so many of us that we would never have known about otherwise. 

I remember coming home at night to the latest issue, pouring over the ads, making calls and adding so many wonderful books to my collection. The articles also educated me to the history of comics. TGB ranks right up there with the most important achievements in fandom. Thanks so much for all your hard work on it!

Got any cool stories about the “old days” of fandom? 

This is the sort of thing that makes me really happy these Boards exist.

Some more light shone on the early days of fandom - and then the principal arrives to comment :applause:

66? I am three years younger and at times think I look like I've been dragged backwards through three hedges.

I was a subscriber "way back when" but given the cost to airmail them here was prohibitive, I opted for surface (yes, it existed back then).

A typically stupid Duffman decision to procure a time sensitive newsletter via the slowest way possible. lol

Still, I may have missed out on a lot of comics, but I sure devoured the articles.

Kudos Alan, thanks for the memories.