• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Whatever became of Alan Light?
2 2

88 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, ThreeSeas said:

11 hours ago, Senormac said:

There's lots more but I'm getting tired.  I'll post more tomorrow if there's interest   zzz

Please do. I like reading about the history of our hobby. Thanks for posting this. I didn't discover the Comics Buyers Guide until 1984 and I think I have almost every issue from then until it ceased publication. I'd just wish that I had known about it in the 70's. Prior to the CBG the only way I knew of to get back issues back then was through ads in Overstreet.

:applause:  

59d11c1fb50ca_lightinterview19.thumb.jpg.e6d9bd0e2dc1ddcea8f1e5167dba5394.jpg

59d11c3be3154_lightinterview20.thumb.jpg.e8b229803b8862e919d8264584e4d657.jpg

59d11c5048984_lightinterview21.thumb.jpg.809309ddf822bcb4f197f5a7da6f44e9.jpg

Thanks for posting again Senormac.

Alan had (or still has?) a good outlook on life - hate no one, and enjoy life and your job, even if it doesn't pay what you wish it would. That is what I got from reading this article about him.  I view life along the same lines. I had a professor 30 years ago that once said "Life is too short to hate someone" and that kind of stuck with me. I am not giving up my time by wasting it on hate or anger. 

It is too bad that Alan is still not a part of the comic society today, at least as far as I know. 

8 minutes ago, Mmehdy said:

It would be really interesting to get Alan's take on the CGC/ grading thing and current prices....

I think he really HAS gone on to better things and is probably making a lot more $$$ too. Unless he had a collection of books somewhere he probably does not have too much interest in the past.  Oh sure.... we would all love it, but I guess it's unlikely