• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Packing books for shipping

13 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

I have been on the boards for a long time, post occasionally, and have purchased several books on here.  I am considering starting to sell my mostly silver-age collection of certified comics and remember reading on here the best way to package and ship them.  I searched the forums but could not find the posts I remember about double boxing them in 2 USPS priority boxes.  I would like to order those boxes from the USPS and was wondering if anyone can tell me the best way to package them.

I appreciate any help!

Thanks,

jeff

Here's a post from the middle of Boozad's thread.

"Order free 1092 and 1095 Priority boxes from the USPS. Place the slab inside some packing material (bubble wrap of bubble pak), then put into the 1092. Put a little bit of bubble wrap in the bottom of the 1095 and drop the 1092 into it. Add a bit of bubble wrap at the top and seal up the 1095. The slab should not have any room to slide around. This should just be at or under 2 pounds. Avoids the flat rate fee and saves money shipping of one slab. If the recipient is close, the shipping gets cheaper."

8 minutes ago, comicdonna said:

Thank you!!  I will order those boxes.  Any ideas on a fair shipping cost?

Here's a post from the middle of Boozad's thread.

"Order free 1092 and 1095 Priority boxes from the USPS. Place the slab inside some packing material (bubble wrap of bubble pak), then put into the 1092. Put a little bit of bubble wrap in the bottom of the 1095 and drop the 1092 into it. Add a bit of bubble wrap at the top and seal up the 1095. The slab should not have any room to slide around. This should just be at or under 2 pounds. Avoids the flat rate fee and saves money shipping of one slab. If the recipient is close, the shipping gets cheaper."

Edited by jeffreyk

That's exactly how I do it, and I charge $12.00 shipping in my listings. If it costs a little less, I refund the difference - if it costs a little more, I eat it. (It's usually within a couple of bucks either way.)

1 minute ago, Gaard said:

That's exactly how I do it, and I charge $12.00 shipping in my listings. If it costs a little less, I refund the difference - if it costs a little more, I eat it. (It's usually within a couple of bucks either way.)

Thank you!!  Any problems with slabs cracking?